At PayPal, Content Designers work side by side with Designers, Content Strategists, Product Owners, and Researchers to create web experiences that empower people and businesses around the world. You’re the ideal candidate if you’re an excellent writer who is also a design thinker and customer champion. You love using words to tell stories, to solve problems, and to make the world a better place. You’re just as happy brainstorming big-picture strategy as you are crafting compelling headlines and helpful error messages. You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, high-tech environment that requires independent self-direction as well as collaboration and open communication.
What you’ll do at PayPal:
• Plan and write content for web and mobile experiences (across all touch points including navigation and user interface copy, emails, in-app notifications, chatbots, and help).
• Transform global product requirements into a strategy for how you will use content to meet business goals and solve real customer problems.
• Present your work and articulate your approach to teammates, product owners, and other stakeholders.
• Collaborate with Design on page layout, interactions, and visual tone.
• Coordinate content with Brand, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure we create a consistent end-to-end experience.
• Use data and research to evaluate your content’s impact, and push for continuous improvement that shows real results.
• Maintain and evolve PayPal’s content standards, including voice and tone.
• Learn a lot, make an impact, have fun.
The skills you need:
• 3-5 years professional UX writing experience for web or mobile content.
• Excellent, highly creative writing and critical-thinking skills.
• Experience working with content standards, such as style and voice and tone guidelines.
• Comfortable managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams.
• Experience in financial services, payments, B2B or B2C e-commerce is preferred.
• Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, Design, Information Science or related field.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.