Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We’re on the lookout for new writers to join the small but mighty (smighty?) Pinterest content design team. Come help us tell our story, build features and make some of our business experiences sing. While you’re at it, make one big POW! of an impact at a company that’s here to help you find inspiration and create a life you love. If you’ve got a heart for business owners and advertisers (from large enterprises to mom-and-pop shops), a pioneering spirit for testing and learning and a hunger to dig into UX and interaction design, you could be just the person for the job.
What you’ll do:
- Write the words and craft the experiences that go into the Pinterest products we build to grow our business. Conduct audits, identify patterns, lead brainstorming sessions, name all the things, tell stories with data, work hand-in-hand with engineers on those tricky error messages, and tinker with different solutions and iterate like crazy until you truly understand what works in all the different nooks and corners of these products and features.
- Develop Pinterest’s voice and tone in our ads and business tools, product and feature onboarding, emails, notifications, targeting features, reporting tools and oh so much more… then roll up your sleeves to think about how they fit in our overall Pinterest voice, tone and standards.
- Join forces with the industry’s topmost designers, researchers, engineers, product managers and product marketers to position our ads and business features, develop journeys and think through the information architecture and evolve it. Oh, don’t forget the lawyers, policy mavens, and PR smarties! You’ll work with them, too.
- Tune in to research (industry, quantitative, qualitative) to learn about what advertisers and businesses truly need. Bring their human voices into problem statements, product UI and inform marketing materials. Behind every business account is a person or a group of people just trying to get their ROI just right.
- Weigh in at our weekly crit workshop! Debate the fate of the words! Join our punupmanship pile-ons!
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years steeped in the wordly arts (UI/UX writing, content strategy or information architecture or time working in marketing, communications or technical writing) and especially ads or business-y audiences (people responsible for spending marketing money to grow their business) to make the complex feel clear.
- Puzzle-loving brains with a flair for negotiating tight constraints.
- Ability to revel in the microcopy weeds AND consider the big picture of branding and product positioning and strategy.
- Visual thinkers who can or want to mind-meld with designers and visually communicate their recommendations by jumping headfirst into Figma and other tools and practiced persuaders who back up their recommendations with sound reasoning and represent their thinking with conviction.
- Experience or itching desire to match wits with engineers, product managers, designers and other deeply smart, opinionated people. And, at times, leading without authority because it needs to get done.
More about contract roles at Pinterest:
- This is a temporary contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (PRO Unlimited) or by an agency supplier partner, and not an employee of Pinterest.
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, PRO Unlimited or the agency supplier partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Interested? Apply for this role