Zachary Piper Solutions (ZPS) secures the nation’s infrastructure. ZPS provides DHS’s front-line response for cyber incidents and proactive hunting for malicious cyber activity. ZPS provides support for on and offsite incident response to Government agencies and critical infrastructure owners who experience cyber-attacks. ZPS provides HIRT advanced technical assistance, proactive hunting, rapid onsite incident response, and immediate investigation, using host and network-based cybersecurity analysis capabilities. ZPS is seeking a Technical Writer to support this critical customer mission supporting the DevOps team.
- Developing and reviewing technical communications deliverables including engineering documentation, operational procedures, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes, coordinating with engineering teams to obtain necessary input data.
- Preparing, reviewing, editing and maintaining program technical documents including software and system engineering documents, CONOPS, test reports, user documentation, implementation documentation, etc.
- Creating, reviewing, editing and maintaining technical drawings.
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Understanding of scripting languages, - strong customer service attitude
- Experience using Linux operation systems or familiarity with Mac computers
- Understanding of agile process
- Experience supporting DevOps teams
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Must have an active Secret clearance and be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability.
- 5+ years of technical writing experience including developing communications deliverables such as engineering documentation, plans, action reports, and meeting minutes for internal and external audiences.
- Experience with creating and maintaining information system security documentation and SOPs.
- Excellent hands-on experience with Microsoft Office including MS Word and PowerPoint.
- Fluid technical writing and editing skills, including the use of AP Style.
- Ability to research and analyze complex technical material and break it down into concise, compelling copy that engages the reader.
- Ability to work under pressure with clients, program managers and subject matter experts in a fast-paced cybersecurity environment.
- Familiarity with a variety of internal and external communications vehicles, practices and technologies, including print, electronic, video and social media.
- Ability to capture meeting discussions at a rapid pace using either shorthand and/or typing fast.
- Experience with creating technical briefings including executive leadership briefings.
- Experience developing news articles, monthly newsletters, executive messages, advanced PowerPoint presentations and infographics.
- Familiarity with cybersecurity communications language and subject matter.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in English, Business or related, or 7+ years of technical writing and editing experience with a High school diploma
Interested? Apply for this role