This is not a traditional design role in a traditional agency environment. Yes, it requires a solid foundation in communication and advertising design but we’re not looking for someone dependant on a whole studio of designers and art directors. This is an important role in a small but highly collaborative and agile team, which is responsible for conceiving and executing all manner of content requirements, from social campaigns to TV commercials to modular display.
This is a creative design role. We’re looking for someone who can interrogate briefs; work with creatives and strategists to translate insights into actionable ideas; come up with their own ideas; collaborate with producers and project managers on financial and technical feasibility; present compelling solutions to clients and execute pixel perfect visual output. We’re looking for a visual problem solver.
This role isn’t for someone who’s just good at the software and knows how to set type and work with grids. It is for someone who uses their design knowledge and experience to conceive and create amazing content. We want a thinker who creates, not an operator who makes.
- Understand business contexts and challenges to define your own briefs where necessary.
- Research and artwork mock-ups and tests to formulate the best possible visual solutions.
- Create and deliver presentations for visual ideas/solutions to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide hands-on design and direction throughout whole project schedules.
- Supporting and providing design direction for freelance resource when required.
- Managing, when appropriate, the visual design process/workflow with internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting producers and project managers with any given design process/workflow.
- Be a trusted point of contact for visual design inspiration and consultancy across the wider Content team and Publicis Media generally.
- Proactively identify design-related opportunities for growth across Publicis Media agencies and our clients.
- The most important attribute is a solid knowledge and foundation of core design principles with an unrelenting willingness to apply them to new techniques, software and formats.
- Strategic awareness — ability to focus on a vision and ensure continuous delivery against that.
- Flawless attention to visual details.
- Advanced working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and remain calm under pressure.
- Confident presenting and explaining visual ideas/output.
- Not a PowerPoint snob. It’s an integral part of presenting and selling our work whether we like it or not.
- Ability to operate with limited guidance in often ambiguous situations.
- Commercial acumen and awareness.
- Please note we may ask to see a body of work or portfolio as part of your application.
If you have any adjustment needs arising from a disability or medical condition to fully participate in the recruitment process, please discuss this with the recruiter who contacts you.