As Freelance Associate Director, Content Strategy, you provide leadership to the content strategy practice by understanding, applying and disseminating content best practices as part of a larger, cross-functional team.
You help to lead the overall content strategy for your clients’ cross-channel content initiatives. You collaborate with creative and technical teams as well as subject matter experts across product lines, brands, and/or regions to understand and help support strategic business objectives and customer requirements.
Note: This is a freelance role 40/hrs a week for 6 weeks with a possible extension.
- Client-facing, senior strategic support
- Estimating, planning, proposing/pitching and general support of business development
- Content assessment. Providing content revision/creation
- Recommendations that help the business and its customers achieve goals (using criteria based on brand documentation, competitive assessments, audience segmentation, SEO data, and site metrics)
- Generating and/or overseeing an inventory of relevant client content assets
- Creating and/or reviewing site structure and nomenclature for the most intuitive presentation of content, usually partnering with UX
- Creating taxonomies, ontologies, and tagging strategies
- Ensuring content is structured properly for any relevant backend systems including CMS, DAM, eCommerce and/or PIM
- Contributing to technical system evaluations (such as CMS, DAM, and/or PIM) from a content perspective in terms of requirements
- Establishing and/or maintaining editorial standards and accuracy/quality of content
- Creating and/or implementing an editorial calendar to align site releases with product launches, seasonal promotions, and more
- Overseeing content migration and creating or reviewing associated planning documentation
- Evaluation and optimization of content processes and roles
- Contributing to definition and management of, as well as periodic updates to, content governance and workflow as well as localization strategies
- Responsible for management of, as well as periodic updates to, personalization and content tagging strategies for the site
- Managing 2-4 junior content strategists
- 8+ years experience in digital content strategy or similar
- Experience leading content or cross-functional teams
- Agency or consulting experience a plus
Interested? Apply for this role