Guideline is looking for a Content Marketing Manager to elevate and expand upon our editorial content across a variety of channels. You will drive the work that takes complex and intimidating topics and turns them into approachable content. With your direction, Guideline can provide our customers and prospects with straightforward and timely answers—building trust in our expertise and brand while inspiring engagement with our products. This role will work closely with marketing and design and collaborate with cross-functional teams including sales, customer ops, retirement consulting, product management, and data.
What you’ll be doing
- Develop and maintain an editorial content calendar that addresses the needs of our customer-facing teams and the seasonality of our products.
- Write, edit and manage content for a variety of retirement products, financial wellness topics, and Guideline user segments in our On Retirement blog.
- Collaborate with outside vendors, including PR and SEO agencies and contract writers, to create holistic content that engages prospects at different points of the marketing funnel.
- Work with marketing, design and sales leads to incorporate content across Guideline communications—including email, social, collateral, and more.
- Partner with stakeholders to identify and build on new content opportunities and regulation developments, and to ensure all current content is up to date.
- Optimize content on a regular basis based on its performance metrics and data.
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing.
- Excellent writing, editing and verbal communication skills, as well as experience adhering to messaging and style guides.
- Proven content development and strategy experience across digital channels.
- Familiarity with other marketing pillars including SEO, Partnerships, Email, Acquisition and Lifecycle.
- Project management experience driving multiple projects and workstreams concurrently.
- Experience collaborating with agencies and contract employees and managing those relationships.
- Proven ability to operate both holistically and tactically—mapping out content 12 months in advance while keeping a meticulous eye on today’s deliverable.
- Track record of leveraging data to measure impact and optimize content.
- Self-starter comfortable working in an asynchronous environment with minimal direction.
- Positive, collaborative approach to working with colleagues and clients at all levels.
More About Guideline
At Guideline, we're helping people save for a better future. In an industry full of complicated pricing and excessive fees, we offer affordable 401(k) plans with no transaction fees.
With over 25,000 clients and 5 billion dollars in assets under management, in just a few years of operations, we're well on our way to making smart retirement planning easy for everyone.
We have raised $344M to date with top-tier investors, including our most recent $200 million dollar Series E round with General Atlantic.
- Competitive Salary + Equity in the Company
- Flexible Vacation Policy
- 401(k) Matching
- 100% coverage of Health / Vision / Dental
- Generous parental leave policy
Guideline provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Interested? Apply for this role