The Creative Team Leader executing all creative content developed within PurposeBuilt Brands. This content will include both digital content and packaging label design. The Creative Team Leader will lead a team of 3 designers and produce design work her/himself. The balance is expected to be 20% Team Leader and 80% Designer.
The team will develop and execute a variety of content and packaging label designs across the PurposeBuilt Brands portfolio of brands. The content will consist of digital graphics, infographics, animated and static media advertising, photography, and video which will live on brand websites, Amazon/retailer websites, social media sites, and a variety of other channels where digital marketing exists. The packaging work will focus on creative label design for new products and brand refreshes across the PurposeBuilt Brand portfolio; execution of packaging label design will be led by a separate team.
This role will report to the VP – Brand Marketing and heavily interface with many other members of the marketing and digital teams.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Brand Marketing and Creative Operations Leader (Program Management) to set priorities and workflow for the creative design team.
- Leverage and build capabilities within the design team to maximize output and enable speed & agility.
- Responsible for the creation, conceptualization and design of campaigns and projects.
- Manages the creative development process to ensure concepts developed are on strategy, practical and cost-effective to produce and are delivered to the highest standards of accuracy, quality, and speed.
- Execute photo/video shoots in an efficient, agile manner appropriate for the brand and content needs.
- Efficiently capture content in both photo and video to meet the needs of communications and brand strategy.
- Create static and animated graphics, infographics, digital advertising media content, photography, packaging imagery, and other digital assets as deemed necessary to fulfill content goals for consumer/professional education and product advertising
- Develop assets, such as storyboards, as needed to create efficiency and alignment within the creative development process
- Identify capability and capacity gaps to achieve content requirements and enroll external partners to support as needed.
- Partner with external advertising agencies as needed to ensure brand consistency.
- Proven ability to lead a design team
- Experience in a similar player/coach hybrid role
- Graphic Design expertise across a variety of content types and software design programs
- Proficient in capturing photo and video content through agile shoots
- Animation (video and gif) skills a plus
- Proficient with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience collaborating with both internal and external partners on content production
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, highly dynamic role where content needs will ebb and flow
Work History / Qualifications
- 2+ years leading a team of graphic designers
- 6+ years experience in content creation and graphic design
Education: Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
Travel Required: Minimal (<10%)