Duration: 6 Months
UX CONTENT STRATEGIST – Contract to Perm
Looking for a passionate and innovative UX Content Strategist to join our growing design team. Under the direction of the Product Design Lead, this role is responsible for helping advance the practice of content strategy within the design team & across the enterprise by educating and promoting content best practices from setting strategy all the way to defining voice & tone guidelines.
As a UX Content Strategist you will:
- Define the content strategy for marketing sites as well as workflow applications
- Write and edit content for mixed channels
- Collaborate with stakeholders in gathering content, auditing content, developing content models, content maps, and taxonomies
- Collaborate with designers in defining the information architecture and content layout of a site or application
- Create and manage UI voice and tone guidelines
- Educate designers, business stakeholders, and developers on the value of content-first design and accessible content
- Support and participate in the community of practice that facilitates collaboration for prospective, new and seasoned UCD practitioners
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Gather content requirements from project stakeholders
- Inventory/audit, map, and model content
- Define and maintain voice & tone guidelines and documentation
- Producing content for UI’s, marketing sites, newsletters, and presentations
- Directly partner with and support product designers in defining content hierarchies and driving content-first design
- Participate in user research and testing as needed to ensure content comprehensibility as well as content findability.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Experience in UX content strategy
- Experience writing copy for marketing sites and workflow application UI’s.
- Experience with CMS’s (Sitecore is a plus), conducting content audits, eliciting content requirements, creating content maps, designing content models, site maps & IA, developing & documenting voice and tone guidelines.
- Effective at collaborating with UX designers, business stakeholders, developers and clients.
- Working knowledge of how to validate content comprehension & value, and IA/navigation & findability with end users.
- Excellent presentation, communication, documentation and organization skills.
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Strong presence, including ability to partner with and effectively influence product and engineer squad members
- Skilled at communicating verbally and in writing to diverse audiences
- Proactive self-starter: assertive and able to ensure that Product Design principles are adhered to
- Strong prioritization skills and ability to quickly re-prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Analytical mindset and creativity to balance detailed problem solving with ‘big picture’ strategic view
- UI Copywriting experience
- Newsletter/Marketing Site writing experience
- Experience creating voice and tone guidelines
- Experience with content auditing, mapping and modeling, and creating taxonomies
Interested? Apply for this role