At RBC our design team puts strategy, research, design principles, and technical innovation at the centre of everything we do. We are a leader when it comes to exceptional digital experiences in the financial space and our focus on our users is an integral part of this success. Our UX writers help our team to build empathetic, intuitive and delightful experiences for our users.
As a member of our team, you will have the opportunity to shape the conversations we conduct through each of our digital products. To do that, you need to think strategically about the creation and delivery of our content: what we say, how we say it, and where we deliver each piece of that message.
You’ll collaborate with colleagues in other disciplines to define the core value of the digital products we design and build. You’ll make sure that every experience – from the overtly promotional to the purely transactional – embodies its core value as our users move through and engage with it. In short: you’ll use content to connect what our digital products can do with what truly matters to our users.
Along with full-time opportunities, if you are looking for flexibility, we are open to hiring you as a contractor on a 12-month basis that can be extended to 24-months.
What you would work on
- Create strategies for using content to support our users' needs for information and understanding in the digital products we design
- Write user-focused textual content ensuring it supports the team’s product strategies
- Partner with peers to shape or develop other (non-textual) content: iconography, information graphics, imagery, and data.
- Collaborate with Legal, Compliance, and Regulatory teams to ensure that our digital conversations satisfy our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
- Work with Design Research on user research and testing activities
- Apply the principles of accessibility and inclusive design in content creation
- Provide practical direction to the larger design team on RBC’s Content Design communications standards, tools, channels and processes.
What you need to succeed
- A post-secondary education, ideally with a university degree or college diploma
- At least 2 years of UX writing experience working on complex digital products
- A portfolio of work samples showcasing your copywriting work
- Proficiency in English
- Experience working on cross-functional teams with developers and project managers
- Experience contributing to the launch of a digital product within an agile environment
What’s in it for you
- You’ll find yourself in a culture where designers feel included, valued, and heard; in a supportive environment surrounded by peers who exceed in their area of expertise.
- You’ll work on solutions used by millions of people and contribute to a company that truly values customer experience and remains a Global Digital leader.
- You’ll be part of team that’s pushing the boundaries of digital product design as we strive to improve the lives of the people and communities we serve.
- You’ll help to shape Content Design as a practice at RBC and, by example, with your peers around the globe.
- Work/life balance is important to us; you will be part of a company that values your time.
Address: 88 Queens Quay West
Work Hours/Week: 37.5
Position Level: PL08
Required Travel(%): 0
People Manager: No
Application Deadline: 01/25/2022
Req ID: 442861
Interested? Apply for this role