Content is integral to every stage of design and shapes the experience. It's not just content first, and it's definitely not content last. Good content brings clarity and understanding to our consumers in every stage of their journey, whether they’re buying, selling, renting, or even just dreaming of their next home.
As a Content Designer at realtor.com you'll collaborate closely with designers, product managers, and engineers to connect all of the dots of the consumer journey. You’ll structure, design, and write content across multiple touch points and platforms that may include web, mobile, emails, in-app notifications, chatbots, and/or help. While not a direct people-manager role, teaching and mentoring will be required.
This role reports to the Senior Director of Design.
What will you do?
- Partner with design/product teams across multiple products (up to 2-3 teams) within your vertical, and collaborate across all verticals to ensure consistency
- Understand consumer's needs through synthesizing data from quantitative and qualitative research as well as A/B testing
- Help establish content voice and tone for product teams, partnering with Marketing and Brand along the way
- Develop content frameworks, product narratives, and other deliverables that explain your recommendations and help people understand the practice of content design and/or content strategy
- Drive guidelines and best practices, offer content strategy perspective to improve the experience and ensure consistency across platforms in collaboration with the Design Language team and the Inclusive Design & Accessibility team
- Provide direction mentorship to other Content Designers or Product Designers
What will you bring?
- 8+ years working in design industry
- 3+ years of working in a product-led organization
- 3+ years of providing content design direction and mentoring to junior colleagues
- Knowledge of digital accessibility and disability inclusion
- Knowledge of WCAG 2.1 AA requirements related to content authoring and production
- Experience creating accessible content using plain language and clear and structured content, and providing alternatives as needed
- Experience creating large-scale content strategies or solutions for website and apps
- Experience delivering multiple projects simultaneously with cross-disciplined teams
- Experience creating content that reflects diversity and inclusion for web and mobile platforms
- Experience in using empathy, logic, and hard data to inform content choices
- Informed and strong opinions, loosely held
- A practitioner of user-centric processes and design thinking principles
- Exemplifies a We, Not Me attitude
At realtor.com®, we believe that everyone deserves a home of their own. We’re a community of nearly 2,000 employees who work hard to ensure that from the moment someone starts dreaming about a new home, to the moment they walk in the door and beyond, we’re there to lend a helping hand. Every month, over 85 million people trust us with their journey home by visiting our site and mobile apps, and we’d love to have you join our team to help.
We’ve got great offices in the U.S. and Canada with lots of sweet jobs to choose from, so we’re hoping you’ll join us on our journey to make buying, selling, renting, and living in homes easier and more rewarding for everyone.
Let’s make a difference, together. For Real.