The Content Director oversees all marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across all sites and formats to drive sessions, conversions, sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer engagement.
This individual is an expert in all things related to web content, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement. The position collaborates with SEO and other marketing channel leaders, analytics and others.
Rehab Media Network is a small but growing team with a start-up vibe, so we’re looking for self-starters who take initiative and require minimal supervision. This role is essential as it is responsible for increasing the visibility of our sites on search engines.
- Ensuring all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, email, point of purchase, mobile, video, print and in-person. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise verticals, and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers, editors, content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Collaborate with SEO team to execute overall SEO strategy for priority sites
- Make editorial recommendations based on SEO, CRO and UX analysis
- Proven editorial skills. Outstanding command of the English (or primary customer) language.
- Training as a print or broadcast journalist and has a “nose” for the story. Training in how to tell a story using words, images, or audio, and an understanding of how to create content that draws an audience.
- The ability to lead and inspire large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve the company's stated goals.
- Make and implement on-page SEO recommendations to improve site performance
- Work cross-team to develop all content marketing strategies, tactics and processes
- Report and develop monthly, quarterly, and yearly success metrics
- Redefine performance metrics, identify changes and problems as they arise, and offer solutions
- Work as editorial lead on launching new editorial initiatives
- Use various tools including, but not limited to SEMRush, AHrefs, and Google Analytics
- Provide detailed competitive analysis to ensure our sites gain and maintain authority across industry
- Improve content quality and quantity
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years managerial experience managing a team of at least 3 people
- 5 years of experience in content strategy
- 3 years of experience on-page SEO
- 3 years of web editorial experience preferably in a behavioral health background
- Understanding of how SEO influences but doesn’t define content creation
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with editors and content managers during the content production process
- Demonstrated success in leading content initiatives as both a leader and individual contributor
- Ability to multitask and shift priorities effectively
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (able to collaborate effectively with others and build effective relationships)
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, SEMRush, Ahrefs (or other SEO tools)
- Experience with WordPress
- High-level proficiency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Drive, Docs, Sheets)
- Proven leadership and strategic skills
- Understanding of broader digital marketing landscape and the role of SEOs within the mix
- Experience diagnosing and isolating complex issues and recommending and implementing solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
Interested? Apply for this role