We are looking for our first UX Writer to join our product team. You will establish the UX Writing practice, collaborating closely with cross-functional teams - from product design through marketing. Along the way, you'll help shape RentSpree's voice and enhance user experience by increasing usability and ease-of-use across our features.
What you'll do
- Work with cross-functional teams to create the words that guide RentSpree's product experiences;
- Create, maintain, and implement language consistency throughout the product;
- Communicate features and benefits in ways that resonate with our users and help them understand our products;
- Write everything the user experience requires, including navigation items, button labels, tooltips, headlines, intro copy, error messages, etc.
- Create process for introducing copy changes and follow through to implementation
- Create strategic narratives for a diverse product portfolio
- Create a foundation for growing UX writing as our organization scales
- Collaborate with researchers and apply user insights to inform content and copy direction
Skills & Requirements
- 3+ years of industry experience as a UX Writer
- Relentlessly user-focused
- Passion for finding the exact words or recommending interactions where words aren't needed
- Excellent written communication skills, including technical knowledge of syntax and grammar
- Knowledge of accessibility best practices
- Strong understanding of UX principles and how they relate to copy
- Embraces a fast-paced, iterative work environment
- At ease managing multiple projects, setting stakeholder expectations, working individually and collaborating across teams
- Experience using design software tools like Figma
To apply, please share a portfolio or collection of samples showing a range of voices and the ability to distill complexity into a few tight lines.
Interested? Apply for this role