About Room 214
We believe in having fun, staying curious, leading with humility and bringing value to our relationships through the pursuit of excellence.
Room 214 is a growth studio that cares deeply about understanding customers and transforming brands. Our mantra is ‘creating value relationships’ - with each other, our clients and our clients’ customers.
Room 214 has helped grow companies with insights, strategy and digital marketing for 17 years. We are a dedicated group of pros and are excited to add a Content Strategist to the team.
Visit http://room214.com to discover more about our studio, team, values and clients.
We are interested in candidates with a strong background in content strategy and development to drive inbound leads for B2B and direct-to-consumer eCommerce brands.
You will work with key teams to translate customer insights, brand messaging, and marketing strategies into content marketing campaigns including asset ideation, development, and delivery.
We require our employees to possess:
- A natural sense of curiosity that keeps them asking questions
- Attention to detail and a drive towards excellence
- Organizational and problem-solving skills
- A commitment to delivering value to our clients
- The ability to work collaboratively and independently
- An awareness of acting out of love and not fear when things get hectic
- Confidence in delivering recommendations and strategies about our work, the industry and our client’s results
- Develop content strategies grounded in key insights, personas, and customer pain-points
- Interview stakeholders and subject matter experts
- Oversee content production including white papers, blogs, email newsletters, videos, guides, landing pages, ad copy and social posts
- Occasional copywriting for short-form content assets
- Manage contractors to ensure on-time delivery of high-quality assets
- Reviewing and editing content, as well as providing feedback to contractors
(Please know that you should still apply even if you do not have 100% of the skills listed)
- 3-5 years of experience leading content strategy and development
- Strong copywriting, editing and proofing experience
- Content ideation - thinking in both big ideas and small details
- Solid and practiced project management experience
- A consistent, conscientious communicator
- The ability to switch between the brand tone of voice, or know when outside expertise is warranted
- Is focused; can turn off distractions and socializing, but still likes to have fun
- Is motivated to go above and beyond without being told
- Is comfortable working on their own
- Eagerness to tackle unfamiliar problems and research practical solutions
- Professional certifications in Hubspot or other marketing automation technologies (Pardot, Marketo, etc.)
- SEO/SEM experience
- Experience with social advertising campaigns
How to Apply
Please provide a resume and a writing sample, as well as links to any relevant work, websites or online portfolios. Please let us know if adjustments or assistance are needed during the application or interview process. Also, please feel free to note which pronouns you use when applying.