**Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.**
At QuickBooks, world-class design helps power the success of small businesses and self-employed people around the world. Our UX content designers are involved in every step of a project– from gathering insights, brainstorming, prototyping, and experimentation to launching pixel-perfect designs. We're inspired by the courage, passion, and entrepreneurial spirit of our small-business customers. If you're ready to create bold and elegant solutions that power prosperity around the globe, we want to hear from you.
What you'll do:
- Have fun partnering closely with interaction and visual designers to build easy-to-use products that solve real problems.
- Transform complex accounting jargon into conversational, approachable language. Yep, sometimes you're an interpreter.
- Craft UI text, product messaging, landing pages, emails, and other project deliverables. We're hoping you're up for pushing our voice and tone a bit.
- Help our partners understand the QuickBooks voice and tone system--through examples, training, and review sessions.
- Collaborate effectively with other designers, content strategists, product managers, marketers, and researchers. We are one big team, and we value everyone's insights.
- Eagerly solicit feedback and contribute constructively to design reviews. This really is the fun part.
- Advance a strong point of view, backed up by personal expertise, design rationale, customer data, and industry trends.
- Explore tons of ideas and then narrow to 2 or 3 based on experimentation and customer research.
- Work on multiple projects at a time, using strong communication skills to manage time and expectations appropriately. You know where you can have the most impact and you can explain why.
- 5 years of experience in content design, content strategy, or related field. Give or take a year.
- Deep knowledge of design principles and methods. You are a designer who works with words.
- Curiosity and commitment to testing new ideas and innovating to drive business results. We love nimble thinkers.
- Effective communicator, presenter, and negotiator.
- Excellent verbal and written English skills. You're a writer and you know your onions.
- A strong portfolio demonstrating your craft and collaborative process.
Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Human-Computer Interaction Design, or another relevant field. A Master's would be great, too.
For information and details on employment benefits offered, visit here. If you have any questions/concerns, please contact our HR Department via our secured website.
Interested? Apply for this role