We’re the Content Experience (CX) team, and we’re looking for a UX writer and leader to write clear, engaging and helpful content across multiple product lines that helps our customers accomplish their business goals. Beyond writing, this role will create a vision for how to evolve our text to better meet the needs of our users and for aligning with cross-functional partners and stakeholders on this vision. To put it simply, you’re an expert at knowing what words to write, where they should go, and how they should be delivered in product to help our users succeed with Salesforce.
Our Ideal Team Member
- At least three to five years writing UX copy for an enterprise or SMB cloud application.
- Experience creating cohesive in-app learning experiences that are consistent across multiple products.
- The ability to identify opportunities, establish priorities, and manage stakeholders.
- Experience collaborating with technical writers, designers, researchers, marketing leads, product managers, and engineers while influencing and adapting to stakeholders and their feedback.
- Extensive experience working closely with designers and user research to create simple and user-first experiences.
- Experience testing and researching how the language you use resonates with users and can provide examples of how you evolved your approach based on this data. You also keep up-to-date with industry trends and are keenly interested in how to use language to help users achieve their goals.
- Experience presenting to stakeholders, peers and leaders about your work.
- The ability to adapt to the changing needs of your role and the acumen for spotting new opportunities that align with business priorities; you adapt quickly as business priorities evolve and pivot.
- Experience influencing the development of products to be more user-focused.
- Write UX copy across a variety of product lines that reflect the Salesforce voice and tone, using simple language to reduce friction and complexity in the product.
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship to other writers and educate cross-functional partners on the role of UX writing and strategy throughout the product development process.
- Work with other content strategists to evolve existing guidelines and best practices.
- Learn about the needs of Salesforce users and advocate for them during the development process. Understand our users’ “jobs to be done” and use straightforward language to make their interactions with our products more productive and valuable.
- Become an expert in our voice and tone and understand how to adapt your writing based on the situation or context.
- Work with content strategists to insert guidance at the right place in the customer journey.
- Support usability testing and iterate based on feedback.
- Ability to work across design and writing tools (Figma, Miro, GDocs, etc)
- Experience with using journey maps and user personas
- Experience working within the Agile methodology
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring, Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Interested? Apply for this role