We’re on a mission to help people navigate their way to financial freedom one step at a time.
At Sanlam Indie, we’re building world-class financial products for a mobile-native generation. Our goal is to be actively helping 1 million people achieve financial freedom by 2024.
Sanlam Indie looks, feels and works like a startup, but has the backing and expertise of a leading South African insurance and investment giant: Sanlam. If you love working in cross-functional teams, you’ll love working at Sanlam Indie.
We're looking for an experienced UX Writer/Content Designer to work closely with our product owners, UX designers, devs, actuaries and customer service to craft solutions to real-world problems across our digital properties, including web, mobile and partner-led channels.
What you'll be doing
- As part of our content design team, you'll work to inject the right content at the right time in the user journey. You’ll start in the discovery phase, partnering with user researchers, UX designers and product owners.
- You’ll write straightforward, user-friendly content for our core digital journeys serving a wide range of audiences, including customers, intermediaries, partners and customer service agents.
- You’ll work to gain deep knowledge about our systems, our business goals, and the needs of our customers and use those insights to improve Sanlam Indie’s content.
- You’ll work sensitively within both the content team and the wider business to find great solutions within technical and budgetary limitations.
- You’ll stay abreast of UX/content best practice and always look for ways to improve both your craft and the customer experience.
- You’ll strive to proactively stress-test and validate your work and ideas through user research and feedback from customers, peers and stakeholders.
- You’ll look for the best ways to manage, update and monitor existing content, always looking for ways to improve it.
We'd love to meet you if you...
- Have at least 5 years of related experience in UX writing, technical writing, learning design, financial writing and/or copywriting
- Can demonstrate your work/experience through a portfolio (or at least talk in great depth about specific key projects you've worked on)
- Are a content ninja, comfortable creating content for anything from interfaces, policy documents, customer communication, style guides and training material
- Welcome the opportunity to show off in a skills test
- Are naturally empathetic and customer-centric, and are mindful of accessibility concerns
- Welcome feedback from customers and your team, and will proactively seek it out
- Understand your work is never done, but will happily iterate and improve until the end of time
- Are comfortable staying agile and adaptive in an ever-shifting environment
- Love the idea of incorporating user feedback, data-derived insights and research into your writing process
- Are a wizard at simplifying complicated concepts and writing them in normal-people speak
- Can embody our voice/tone and champion our Content Style Guide
- You are able to think through and consider the impact of a product change on content across our content landscape
- Have had experience working in a cross-functional team, adhering to processes, to produce and ship products/courses
- Are comfortable partnering with legal and compliance to meet regulatory needs
- Are able and comfortable to work remotely
Interested? Apply for this role