People Passion Purpose
Everything School Specialty offers is designed for one purpose – to help students succeed. We believe every student can flourish in an environment where they feel safe and inspired to explore and grow.
We’re determined to positively impact the future, one child at a time. We need to talk if you share our passion:
Transforming more than classrooms.®
School Specialty offers Medical, Dental, & Vision plans (Effective Day 1), Wellness programs, Health Savings Accounts, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401 (k), PTO, Promise Hours dedicated to volunteering, Education Reimbursement, Paid Holidays, Fall & Winter Flexible Hours, Employee Discounts and much more!
Digital Shelf – Written Content
As the Digital Shelf Content Specialist, you'll manage and optimize School Specialty's product listings across our portfolio of digital commerce channels. This role will be responsible for owning the process for optimizing customer-facing written product data such as titles, descriptions, featured bullets, etc. to facilitate SEO, as well as managing the day-to-day maintenance and upload of written product content on various platforms including Amazon Vendor Central, Amazon Seller Central, Salsify, etc. Accountable for maintaining and managing product information in Product Information Management (PIM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) systems for brands through varied digital commerce channels; inclusive of owned and etail.
An expert in marketplaces and etail, this role will alert the team of any critical updates from etailers that will impact our production of best-in-class content. Additionally, this position will be closely aligned with our Merchandising group managing projects around item data as well as conducting ongoing optimization of item data. Must have a solid understanding of item data structure, style guides, SEO, and copywriting.
Summary of Primary Responsibilities
- Create, maintain, and optimize digital commerce item data such as titles, descriptions, featured bullets, and SEO titles and descriptions
- Execute bulk uploads and syndication of updated or new basic content (featured bullets, descriptions, titles) to PIM/DAM systems for publishing to owned and etail channels
- Work with business owners and SMEs on item data continuous improvement to enhance the customer experience and increase conversion rates
- Participate in the creation of or modification of existing processes to improve the productivity, efficiency, and accuracy of the catalog operation and work with PIM/DAM partners on enhancements and bugs
- Work closely with the SEO manager to leverage best practices ensuring that products are search optimized
- Continuously optimize product content to ensure all data is accurately reflected across School Specialty’s portfolio of digital commerce channels
- Work with other Digital Shelf team members to ensure deadlines are met
- Track content performance metrics and implement strategies to improve them; working with Data Analysts to deliver data-driven insights and monthly and quarterly reports
- Be the go-to expert for Amazon and other etailer content requirements for written product attributes and maintain a library of best practices for internal teams
Minimum Required Qualifications
- 3+ years of experience in Digital Commerce working as a content specialist, content writer, content designer, or merchandising specialist
- Direct experience working on owned B2B eCommerce platforms and etail channels including Amazon, Walmart, and Target
- Experience writing product content with SEO best practices at the forefront of your process
- Experience using data-driven insights to inform test & learn to enhance the shopper journey
- Experience with SEO, PIM Systems, Digital Asset Management (DAM) Systems, digital analytics and reporting tools
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Marketing or English) preferred or equivalent working experience
Preferred Knowledge and Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong proofreading and editing skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manipulate a large amount of item data in Excel spreadsheets. A successful candidate will be proficient with macros and v-lookups
- Ability to work in a fast, competitive, changing environment.
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills
- Skilled in designing and implementing processes improvement
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills; Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently
- Ability to think and act decisively, making the best use of available information and resources
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- School Specialty, LLC. is a Drug-Free Workplace. All applicants are subject to a drug screen and background check as a condition of employment.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression.
- EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at Opportunities@SchoolSpecialty.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.