Sefas is a global leader in customer communications management. Our technology suite provides an end-to-end solution for managing customer communications from composition to processing, distribution, archival, and retrieval. We are a business unit within the Docaposte division of La Poste, with our headquarters in Paris, France.
We count among our customers Fortune 500 companies and some of the largest document-generating companies in the world.
Additional information about our company is available on our website.
We seek a Technical Writer to produce and maintain documentation across the entire suite of Sefas products. The ideal candidate will have strong experience writing highly technical documentation, with special emphasis on ensuring accurate, high-quality documentation is delivered on time. The new team member will be interested not only in how a particular feature works, but why it might provide value to a customer, and will use their technical knowledge to create eye-catching use cases that communicate our features’ functionality.
- Write and maintain a variety of technical documentation including end-user guides, API guides, and installation manuals, as well as product demonstration videos and other e-learning deliverables.
- Work closely with R&D, QA, and other SMEs to acquire technical information.
- Create technical use cases that explain why a customer needs a product feature.
- Report any software issues using the company’s issue tracking system.
Core Skills and Requirements:
- 2-5 years experience working in a software development environment.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently under minimal supervision. We seek someone who will be proactive about maintaining relationships with SMEs to acquire information about new product features.
- Ability to work with off-site developers and non-native English speakers; must be willing to hold calls and GoToMeeting sessions with staff in our France and UK offices to discuss product enhancements and issues.
- Good writing and spoken communication skills, with a focus on clarity, accuracy, and efficiency.
- Demonstrated understanding of complex technical concepts and ability to convert that knowledge into user-friendly documentation.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including documentation planning and project scheduling.
- Strong attention to detail is a must.
- Expert knowledge of Madcap Flare and MS Office products.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or other graphic software for taking and editing screenshots.
- Knowledge of Adobe Captivate or similar e-learning software.
- Knowledge of software API documentation.
- Knowledge of Python, Java, and other object-oriented programming languages.
- Knowledge of Atlassian Confluence a plus.
- Experience working with Windows, Unix, and Linux operating systems.
- Up to three weeks’ vacation to start.
- Up to 10 sick days.
- Health care, dental, vision 100% premiums paid for you and your dependents.
- 401K with company matching up to 4%.
- Education assistance.
- Paid short- and long-term disability.
- And more...
- This position is limited to US citizens and green card holders only at this time.
- Resumes of more than two pages will be automatically discarded.
- Technical writing samples/specs will be required from candidates asked to come in for an interview.
Interested? Apply for this role