Like the title implies, we're looking for a content marketing manager. But, really, we're looking for an onion peeler.
Hear me out.
To borrow a metaphor from a big, green ogre, shipping and e-commerce are like onions. They’ve got a bunch of complex, confusing layers that can make the most unsuspecting of us cry.
We need an inquisitive type willing to peel back the layers of the industry to help provide valuable, informative, and unique shipping and e-commerce advice for small business owners.
The comparison doesn't end there. Despite being a staple in a person's diet or a business owner's toolkit, both onions and shipping are disregarded as unglamorous or uninteresting.
To which we say, "Not on our website!"
We need a writer who can pack a punch. Someone who can string together pearls of wisdom so they glisten in a blog post or e-book. Someone who doesn't just find magic in the mundane, but ignites it.
What You'll Do
- Write captivating content. Blog posts, e-books, industry reports, case studies—nothing is off the table.
- Publish content to our WordPress website. Experience with WordPress is nice to have, but also something you can learn on the job.
- Coordinate with designers, SEOs, email managers, and freelancers. Have a vision for a project and communicate clearly to other stakeholders.
- Make content a product of its own. We have a long term goal to build a content program that drives its own audience and entices people to come back to our website over and over again—whether or not they use Shippo.
- Maintain an editorial calendar. Have ideas for content creation each month, considering seasonality, trends, and timely news.
- Become a topic expert who clearly communicates complex ideas. If the idea of USPS rates, shipping surcharges, and return shipping excites you, click that apply button.
- Monitor industry trends and news. Keep tabs on what’s going on in our space, so we can educate and inform our customers.
- Work with the web/content team to achieve our lofty growth goals. You’ll work closely with the team lead to identify and implement content projects.
What You'll Need
- 3+ years of writing, communications, or marketing experience; ideally at brands within e-commerce, logistics, or shipping at well-recognized companies. Experience working within a self-service and/or hybrid (self-service and direct sales) business model is a plus.
- Superior writing chops. Can you write a sentence with so much energy that it vibrates off the page? Do you get goosebumps from the perfect phrase? We’re looking for someone that loves writing and demands excellence from themselves and those around them. (You’ll have to prove it: send those samples our way.)
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- An analytical, curious mind.
- A team player attitude.
- Medical, dental, vision (90% covered by the company, incl. dependents).
- Flexible vacation policy + flexible work hours.
- Fun team events outside of work hours.
- Awesome team that cares about Shippo's mission, product, and co-workers!
We’re serious about the writing stuff. Write a cover letter that doesn’t make us fall asleep at our keyboard, and we promise we'll give you a call.
Interested? Apply for this role