This job listing has expired
Associate Content Strategist
The Associate Content Strategist at Signal Theory must have an interest and foundational knowledge in the areas of content strategy and social strategy. The Associate Content Strategist works closely with multidisciplinary teams to create, manage and optimize strategies for content across channels and is responsible for thinking that can inform and guide agency teams and clients. The Associate Content Strategist reports to the Senior Content Strategist.
The Associate Content Strategist is responsible for:
- Work with multiple brands to understand their audiences and help the strategy team identify opportunities in which content can address human needs and meet business objectives
- Provide recommendations for content through conversation listening, keyword analysis and multi-channel content audits
- Stay informed on content, social and paid media trends, algorithm changes and tools; educate internal teams and clients of important changes
- Support in the creation of content calendars aligning moments that matter to an audience with the client’s message
- Understand the strengths, weaknesses and best practices of modern content forms, including social mediums (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and TikTok) and other content forms (blogs, emails, etc.) in order to best bring content to life
- Have a base understanding of website best practices and SEO approaches that can move audiences through their journey with a brand
- Support the creator/creative team with the information needed to bring content to life and collaborate during the creation process as necessary
- Use best practices in deploying content across channels and ensure approved content maintains brand integrity
- Analyze performance data and contribute to developing actionable insights to drive optimizations
- Use alerts and social media tracking tools to gather statistics regarding the performance of individual campaigns
The requirements and experience the Associate Content Strategist will need to have include:
- 1-2 years of professional experience, which may include internships or educational experience
- A high degree of comfort with social media platforms including, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and TikTok, with examples of how they’ve leveraged these platforms for business results
- Understanding of website content, best practices and how it connects with other content channels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Ambitious in keeping up with the industry and educating on best practices in internal and external teams
- Ability to work with team members – collaboration is key!
The preferred qualifications of the Associate Content Strategist include:
- Experience in animal health a plus
- Strong attention to detail and ability to navigate multiple clients and team priorities with ease.
- Knowledge of social media activation tools like Emfluence, Later, Khoros, HubSpot, Sprout Social, or similar
- Knowledge of listening tools like Infegy, Sprout Social or similar
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to online learning platforms to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for approved continuing education
- After eight years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance.
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience.
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching.
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
23rd January 2023
Place of work
Kansas City, KS