The Content Strategist at Signal Theory must be knowledgeable in the areas of content strategy, social strategy and communications planning. The Content Strategist works closely with multidisciplinary teams to create, manage and optimize solution-oriented strategies for content, online as well as IRL and is responsible for presenting strategies to clients, external partners, vendors and agency teams. The Content Strategist reports to the Senior Content Strategist.
The Content Strategist is responsible for:
- Develop innovative, solution-oriented, channel-agnostic content strategies that align consumer needs with client business objectives and communicate them to internal teams and clients.
- Work with multiple brands and teams to understand human problems, identify opportunities and develop a clear strategic vision.
- Manage applicable research and monitoring tools in the discovery phase of content strategy to deliver both proactive and reactive content and engagement recommendations.
- Stay informed on content, social and paid media trends, algorithm changes and tools; educate internal team and clients of important changes.
- Provide content opportunities and recommendations for new business pitches.
- Provide recommendations for content through conversation listening, keyword analyses and social auditing.
- Provide strategic input throughout projects, helping peers to drive client success through connected content experiences that positively shape human interactions with brands at appropriate moments.
- Work with client-focused teams to collaborate on and manage the implementation of content efforts across channels.
- Apply content strategy methodologies and frameworks to guide effective creative execution.
- Create artifacts and deliverables that articulate a clear perspective and drive decisions and outcomes and seek opportunities to improve those tools and resources.
- Ensure approved content maintains brand integrity and best practices are properly implemented.
- Collaborate with content creators and other internal teams on creation and programming.
- Report against business objectives and deliver actionable insights to clients to drive evolution of content strategy and campaigns.
- Use alerts and social media tracking tools to gather statistics regarding content consumption for individual campaigns.
The requirements and experience the Content Strategist will need to have include:
- 3+ years of experience developing and implementing omnichannel content strategies or social media strategy (experience in the agriculture or animal health industries a plus).
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation experience.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ambitious in keeping up with the industry and educating on best practices for content strategy to internal and external teams.
- Ability to work directly with clients and develop relationships on behalf of the firm.
- Ability to educate internal and external teams on content strategy principles and deliverables
The preferred qualifications of the Content Strategist include:
- Knowledge of consumer research platforms (Crimson Hexagon, Netbase, Infegy Atlas or similar).
- Experience developing user-focused content and style guides.
- Experience working with subject-matter and channel experts as well as other advertising and marketing disciplines, including Analytics, SEO, Experience Design, Social, Media and PR
- Strong attention to detail and ability to navigate multiple clients and team priorities with ease.
- Ability to apply big-picture thinking, while also delivering on short-term goals and milestones.
- Previous experience with digital content strategy, experience strategy and an understanding of SEO best practices
Exceptional benefits include:
- Access to LinkedIn Learning and Skillshare to continue honing your craft
- Up to $500 a year to put toward qualified wellness expenses, like your gym membership
- After one year, we’ll reimburse up to 50% of tuition costs for pre-approved continuing education
- After eight whole years, enjoy a 4-week paid sabbatical, plus a $750 reimbursement for international travel
Of course, we also:
- Provide health, dental and vision insurance
- Offer salaries commensurate with experience
- Offer both traditional and Roth 401k plans with employer matching
- Are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Signal Theory. We firmly believe in the importance of a diverse workforce to create work that resonates and represents both our clients and the markets they serve. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.
With offices in Kansas City, MO and Wichita, KS, employees at Signal Theory are comfortable working virtually with colleagues in another city. While nothing can completely replace in-person communication, for this position, we are open to employees working in Kansas, Missouri, Texas or Georgia.
Interested? Apply for this role