Do you want to be part of a marketing team that is leading a local brand to national recognition? Are you looking for a rewarding marketing career with true growth potential? If so, we may have the perfect opportunity for you at the Smith + Howard family of companies.
The Smith + Howard family of companies includes a wide variety of service lines to support a diverse client base. We work with businesses on tax, audit, accounting and advisory needs. Our team also offers expertise in financial planning and investment advisory as well as national sales and use tax. We are headquartered in Atlanta with a national reach, while still offering a local firm flavor.
We offer competitive pay, excellent training and development opportunities and great benefits. You can have an immediate impact on our growth, exercise your marketing muscle and have the support from our leaders to help you achieve your career goals.
If you are ready to make a career move and join a firm consistently named by our employees as an “AJC Top Work Place” and by a national publication as a “Best of the Best” firm in the US (Inside Public Accounting), we invite you to complete our employment application.
The Smith and Howard Marketing team acts as an agency within our family of companies, providing marketing services and support that allows our employees to take our brand to market. This role will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and will supervise the Digital Coordinator.
The Content Manager will be responsible for overseeing content processes and project management to consistently execute quality content across multiple channels; ultimately driving qualified web traffic. This will often include translating complex financial information into compelling, easy-to-digest content that educates and informs. Additionally, the Content Manager will own and execute metrics and lead generation-focused content.
The ideal candidate will possess a combination of content, marketing and project management skills, leading with a client-first approach.
- In collaboration with the marketing team and practice leaders as appropriate, project manage the development and execution of content plans (copy, video and/or audio) for the Family of Companies. This includes but is not limited to:
- Scheduling targeted quantity of content at strategic times throughout the year.
- Matching content topics with appropriate SMEs within the business.
- Scheduling and overseeing the development and publication process with external sources (writers, developers, etc.) and SMEs.
- Writing occasional content internally in tandem with SMEs.
- Overseeing copywriting for the web, collateral, and digital campaigns, often by coordinating with outside writers and designers in concert with other leaders of the marketing and development team. At times the Content Manager may be called on to write some of this content.
- Develop event messaging.
- Supervise the Digital Coordinator on company email marketing (including newsletters and automated workflows), and SEO efforts for website and content.
- Supervise the Digital Coordinator to ensure analytics and reporting for website and content marketing are consistently and accurately executed and reported.
- Under the direction of leadership and working with the Digital Coordinator, create landing pages for lead generation opportunities.
- Ensure website updates and enhancements occur on a regular basis, including the addition of new pages and CTA placement, using both internal and outsourced providers.
- Proactively stay up to date on relevant matters, HubSpot, SEO, etc. through professional development and continuing education opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, PR or other relevant degree program and/or 4-6 years of equivalent professional experience
- Proficient with HubSpot Marketing and HubSpot CRM. Equivalent experience in other platforms will also be considered.
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to communicate professionally and clearly
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills required, including an understanding of AP style
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines and monitor project timelines and workflow
- Excellent people skills with an ability to work with a wide range of professionals and personalities
- Previous project management experience preferred
Interested? Apply for this role