Sony Electronics, Inc. look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
Training Content Manager
- Sony's Purpose is simple. We aim to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology. We want to be responsible for getting hearts racing, stirring ambition, and putting a smile on the faces of our customers. That challenge, combined with our spirit of innovation, motivated us to create groundbreaking technology, entertainment, and services for people worldwide.
- Our history as a global brand had been built around employees that all have a passion for touching peoples' lives, and pride in pushing beyond that status quo to produce truly extraordinary results.
- Sony Electronics has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Training Content Manager in San Diego, CA.
- We are seeking a highly-skilled professional capable of assisting in creating a positive environment for Sony products at retail and online in U.S. and Canada. The key parts of your daily responsibilities are managing the training content implemented across SNA (Sony North America), RSI (Retail Sales Influencer) video scriptwriting, and provide logistical support on several key projects.
- The right candidate understands what makes consumers tick, ability to demonstrates outside the box thinking, creative training ideas, and love to immerse in technology! Are you that person? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
- Partner with key stakeholders across business units to develop concepts, storyboards, and write script content for various types of consumer-facing and internal training videos
- Develop and establish sales training documents to ensure the maximum effectiveness of Sony North America field team members
- Provide logistical support for recently established RSI program (Retail Sales Influencer)
- Collaborate with national retail partners – Best Buy (US/CAN), Costco (US/CAN), PC Richards, and more.
- Manage multiple projects based on department needs and ensure expected deadlines are met
- Track, input, maintain and audit internal/external team members training records to ensure full compliance with established PDCA standards
- Identify future training needs and develop appropriate planning and execution
- Develop sales training curriculum, internal/external certification programs and procedures
- Collaborate with Business Units and Marketing Communication teams to incorporate marketing strategy into training curriculum.
- Solicit Sony North America field team feedback to consistently improve training strategy
- Analyze sales performance to determine additional ad-hoc training content needs
- Act as the backup video editor support for RSI program
- Evaluate sales training gaps and gather feedback by visiting local retailers
- Facilitate formal and informal presentations to senior management, sales organization, and other internal functions as appropriate
- This is an internal sales training position.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in a related field
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, especially in Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Video/audio editing experience and skills – Premiere Pro, Camtasia, recording & editing
- Proven and successful track record in training, retail, or merchandising environment
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills needed with the ability to build strong collaborative relationships and engage with all levels of store and market personnel
- Strong decision-making skills with the ability to solve problems creatively, effectively, efficiently and at times individually
- Willing to take ownership in your business and learn, plan, or implement what is required to succeed
Sony Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values employees with a broad cross-cultural perspective. We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond. All applicants will receive fair and impartial treatment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information or on any other basis which is protected under applicable federal, state or local law.
Disability Accommodation for Applicants to Sony Electronics, Inc.
Sony Electronics, Inc. provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures. For reasonable accommodation requests, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can mail your resume to: Sony Electronics, Human Resources Department, 16535 Via Esprillo, San Diego CA 92127. Please indicate the position you are applying for.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Right to Work (English/Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (English/Spanish)