Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable, and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn, and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you will do:
- Partner with designers and researchers, as well as the product team, to support the design process from a content perspective.
- Write clear, concise content to facilitate the user's digital experience and journey, both internal and external facing.
- Understand our users, while leveraging content strategy, design research and usability principles.
- Contribute to design conversations and articulating the rationale for writing decisions to support the translation of business problems into modern and unique digital experiences.
- Support the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Create effective, yet empathetic writing to contribute to industry-leading digital experiences.
- Ensure the consistency of tone/voice across work while balancing UX content strategy and brand guidelines.
- Able to adapt and be flexible to accommodate varying contexts and changes.
Specifically, You Will:
- Senior Content Strategist is given specific/scoped problem statements and is expected to generate proposed solutions, planning to drive and leading up to the execution of deliverables. Work produced requires manager oversight of and influences cross-functional peers.
- Write, edit, and own content from concept to launch while applying principles of accessibility and inclusive design standards.
- Contribute to design system documentation, flows, guidelines, interfaces, microcopy, prototypes, research projects and wireframes.
- Ability to understand the tone of voice and adapt writing based on audience, digital property or needs of the project while being consistent with content strategy across all digital touchpoints.
- Collaborate within the team and cross-functionally to quickly iterate as needed while considering data and testing to inform choices.
- Work independently while being able to effectively convey ideas and insights in a clear, concise manner.
- Formulate multiple solutions and recommends an effective course of action, while validating the approach with the lead/manager on alignment with business goals, objectives, and scalability.
- Drive continuous improvement to help the organization achieve its short- and long-term goals through content.
- Allow users to solve business and/or user experience problems through content strategy as the Working and Learning Company.
- Contributes positively to Staples culture by supporting team or company efforts outside of direct scope.
- Supports team learning by testing or creating new tools, surfacing highlights and lowlights, and sharing best practices.
- Is a self-starter and owns their to-do list; asks good questions about what to prioritize; brings a POV about what to add and subtract.
- Monitors the effectiveness of ideas, moving beyond a task-only mindset to proactively seek out new ideas and solutions with guidance from the lead/manager.
- Contributes constructive feedback to the manager and team to encourage and support growth.
Some of what you need:
- Requires a college or university degree in Writing, Product Design, or a related field.
- 3+ years in a UX writing, technical writing role.
- Additional content design and strategy, writing or UX experience relevant to the role.
- Skilled in editing, proofing and being detail focused.
- Flexible, independent, resourceful and self-motivated to prioritize work.
- Experience with other forms of writing including editorial, email, marketing or technical.
- Collaboration, presentation, project planning and time management skills.
- Understanding of content strategy principles and tools.
- Experience working on digital products for eCommerce and familiarity with the design process.
- Content creation for design systems is a plus.
- Ability to communicate effectively with different audiences.
- Knowledge of AODA and other accessibility standards.
- Have an understanding of Lean and Agile practices.
- Proficiency in the English language.
- Portfolio of work to demonstrate experience writing with an emphasis on digital.
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
Staples Canada is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.
Interested? Apply for this role