ABOUT THE TEAM
Stitch Fix is transforming the way people find what they love. Our Product team has created unique, innovative software for customers, merchandising, styling, warehouse systems, and inventory management. We leverage user research and customer data to personalize our service and make smart bets. The result is a powerful offering to our customers and a successful business serving millions of men, women, and kids. We're looking for more outstanding people to contribute to our evolution.
ABOUT THE ROLE
As Lead UX Writer, you will play an integral role on the product team. You’ll work closely with PMs, designers and research to create innovative user experiences that build confidence in our customers while solving business and user goals. You will own and write the UX copy for key areas within the product. You’ll provide strategic thinking for high-level messaging within those areas, as well as influencing the holistic customer experience. As the first lead writer on the product team, you’ll also have the opportunity to shape the UX writing practice.
YOU’RE EXCITED ABOUT THIS OPPORTUNITY BECAUSE YOU WILL…
- Strategize and scope copy needs; own your project plans and self-manage your work in an agile environment, syncing closely with design and research timelines.
- Clarify goals and success metrics with your product partners.
- Work hand-in-hand with product designers to determine how to communicate effectively with the customer through the content and UX.
- Write copy that communicates innovative product services and features to customers while inspiring and guiding them to action.
- Explore multiple, divergent approaches to solving problems, often pairing with design.
- Evaluate your work with qualitative and quantitative methods, informing iterations as well as holistic strategies.
- Act as a liaison with the Marketing copy team, creating a feedback loop to share data/research insights and messaging strategies between the teams; help ensure the customer journey is cohesive.
- Clearly communicate your recommendations and drive alignment in meetings both large and small with teammates, cross-functional partners and executives.
- Demonstrate leadership, humility, and flexibility in discussions that serve to align on making smart product decisions.
- Facilitate cross-functional meetings and workshops to drive actionable outcomes.
- Guide localization and contract writers to achieve cohesive, high-quality results.
- Evolve the UX writing practice by identifying and trialling new ways of collaborating, with the goal of making great products together more effectively.
- Elevate the quality and unity of the UX copy by creating principles and guidelines.
WE’RE EXCITED ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU…
- Have 5+ years of experience working as a UX Writer on product teams for consumer-facing web and mobile apps.
- Can share a UX writing portfolio that demonstrates product thinking and your ability to communicate about the work. Examples should include some of the following: introducing new services/features; innovative or complex features; driving engagement; transactional flows; naming and/or labeling of content.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to influence decisions by clearly articulating your point of view and rationale.
- Approach written content as an integral part of the UX.
- Know how the human brain interprets content, and you know the principles and techniques for creating content that is highly scannable and digestible.
- Stay abreast of current thinking and industry practices for UX writing, including writing for inclusivity and accessibility.
- Have basic usability research skills. You can write effective test questions, analyze studies and synthesize insights to inform content iterations and future strategies.
- Are curious and continuously learning about how to engage customers and speak to their pain points and desires.
YOU’LL LOVE WORKING AT STITCH FIX BECAUSE…
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind, and motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here and are empowered to encourage others to do the same.
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech and fashion, redefining retail for the next generation.
- We are a technologically and data-driven business.
- We are committed to our clients and connected through our vision of “Transforming the way people find what they love.”
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively, and trying new things.
- We believe in autonomy and taking initiative.
- We challenge and develop ourselves, and we strive to have a meaningful impact.
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas.
- We value diverse thought and talent, and we strive to create an inclusive culture.
- We offer competitive compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix and know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day.
ABOUT STITCH FIX
We are the first fashion retailer to combine technology and data science with the human instinct of a stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers and doers. We believe we are only scratching the surface of our opportunity, and we’re looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on the trend. We believe in both a service and a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self.
Interested? Apply for this role