At Sunrun, we’re building a company that really matters. You’ll join a forward-thinking, industry-disrupting team in creating experiences that help homeowners across the country get affordable, clean, solar energy. You’ll also be part of an amazing group of driven, experienced and passionate brand and content marketing innovators who thrive in a fast-moving and rapidly evolving environment. We’re looking for a great writer with communication and organizational skills. But we’re also looking for someone who genuinely enjoys thinking in systems and can help others understand how their work fits into that system. You'll move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail. You'll use your strong analysis skills and content design principles to ensure content aligns with both user goals and business objectives. You will also be responsible for ensuring all content supports the most usable, consistent, inclusive, and delightful experience for Sunrun demographics. You'll identify content opportunities and low-performing areas and prioritize those for improvements. Excellent communication and presentation skills and an open, collaborative attitude will ensure success when you engage with stakeholders from across all company disciplines.
Can be remote or in Lehi, UT
- Architect and proactively manage our editorial calendar by keeping abreast of product launches, sales promotions, marketing campaigns, press releases and other consumer-facing cross-functional business initiatives.
- Be the liaison between Marketing and Product Marketing, ensuring our content strategy closely supports all relevant product launches, features and considerations.
- Develop a strategy for how to position-specific product offerings across various product surfaces and communication channels.
- Perform content audits or competitive analyses of existing content experiences to identify areas of potential improvement.
- Create information architecture frameworks, taxonomies, content governance documentation, and priority guides to communicate the overall content plan. Work closely with the Editorial Team to execute on this content strategy.
- Define the most appropriate content and channel for all stages of the customer journey, and segment this strategy by market.
- Define how content should adapt to different user segments, personas, and intents.
- In collaboration with product marketing, performance marketing and digital partners, craft success measures for content that are testable, provable, and scalable.
- Interpret both qualitative and quantitative data and use it to make sound data-driven content decisions and strategy recommendations.
- Guide the editorial and design teams in delivering content that follows all guidelines, including UX, SEO, accessibility, design system, localization, and legal.
- BA in English, journalism, marketing, communications, or other relevant field or equivalent education and experience.
- A genuine interest in Product Marketing; previous experience a plus.
- A minimum of 7 years of content strategy, content design, UX writing, or similar experience.
- Must be a strategic thinker who develops long-term and results-oriented plans that will add value to our products.
- Understanding of design principles and how content fits into overall user experience, with proven ability to map content to user intent.
- Passionate advocate for creating user-centered experiences while balancing business and user needs.
- Relish working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with designers, writers, and product managers.
- Experience with a data-informed approach to content development, including qualitative (user testing) and quantitative (A/B testing, analytics) data.
- Strong analytical, project management, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks for several projects at the same time, often on short timelines.
- Work without close supervision but seek out and welcome feedback from cross-functional leaders and managers.
- Experience presenting and defending your ideas to partners and leadership.
- Experience creating communications governance and process.
- Experience creating multi-channel communication strategies.
- Experience with design and systems thinking.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Our commitment to Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun for everyone.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Interested? Apply for this role