Sweetwater, the nation’s #1 online retailer of pro audio and musical instruments is seeking a Director of Content Marketing to join our growing marketing team to drive ongoing editorial excellence and growth across the web (product pages, blog), video and social media. In this role, you will own Sweetwater’s content marketing strategy - from idea to delivery - and ensure our content meets business objectives, is on-brand / on-message, and continually optimized for search and user experience.
If you have content marketing/strategy/production experience in the retail space and possess the ability to inspire & lead large creative teams (strategists, writers, producers, directors, content creators), we’d love to chat with you!
- You will work in close collaboration with our VP of Marketing and Content Strategy Manager to define, develop, implement the content marketing strategy, content calendars, and delivery of KPIs
- You will turn strategy into action - overseeing the execution of best-in-class content that drives awareness, affinity, and preference, setting the bar for high standards and accountability
- Work closely with Merchandising, Product Marketing, Performance Marketing, Brand, Influencer and Social Media teams to ensure alignment with content strategy and business objectives
- Define & track content-specific metrics and make data-informed adjustments to optimize performance, enhance content discovery, and identify new content opportunities – reporting weekly on results
- Prepare and present monthly content performance insights that holistically demonstrate the impact of our content, share video platform best practices, competitive analysis and make actionable recommendations on future content strategies
- Editorial requirements include: Deep SEO understanding, content categorization and structure, content development, distribution, and measurement
What does the right leader have?
- 7+ years experience driving successful content strategy or media production in a retail setting (Music Instruments a plus)
- Minimum of 5 years experience leading large creative and technical teams
- Bachelor's Degree (MBA preferred) in Marketing, Writing or Visual Communications
- Have a deep understanding of SEO, performance data and the algorithms behind the (video) platforms we work with – such as Facebook, Instagram and YouTube
- Video production knowledge/experience in a fast-paced corporate environment. Ideally, you will have an understanding of how a video production team work together (roles, responsibilities, etc.)
- CMS (WordPress), Workflow/Project Management software and Adobe Creative Cloud apps experience (Photoshop, Adobe Premiere)
- Excellent writing, editing and communication skills with an ability to present complex data to executive leadership and creative teams alike
- You must be an inspiring leader who can maximize team efficiency and also roll up your sleeves to get things done. We want “do-ers” as much as “thinkers.”
- You will ideally have a great passion for and understanding of pro audio gear & musical instruments
This is a full-time position that would require working on-site at our state-of-the-art campus in Fort Wayne, IN. Full-time employees at Sweetwater are eligible for our benefits package including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, paid time off (vacation and holidays), and much more!
Sweetwater’s culture is one that is built on the creation and celebration of music, which unifies people from all walks of life. Our individual differences make Sweetwater stronger as a company and a better place to work. Having a truly diverse workforce allows us the opportunity to collectively respect, learn and grow from each unique perspective and experience. We have welcomed thousands of employees and families who have joined the Sweetwater team from all over the nation and the world, and we welcome you, too, to find out why we consider a career at Sweetwater the full-time dream.
Interested? Apply for this role