The Content Strategist will facilitate the Society in achieving its strategic initiatives through the website. This position will partner collaboratively across the organization (e.g., External Affairs & Communications, Membership, Education, etc.) to identify key business objectives and translate them for the web. The Content Strategist will coordinate efforts within Web Strategy and Operations (WSO) to create and develop digital marketing communications, content marketing and web content solutions that support Society goals using the principles of user-centered design. The Content Strategist will also work with stakeholders to examine the existing website framework (content, architecture and design) to identify opportunities for growth and improvement.
The position comprises 3 primary areas of responsibility:
- Content marketing, writing and editing – understanding the customer experience, representing the voice of the customer and providing content consulting and support to the business units.
- Content management system - understanding content management system technology, content production and publication processes and workflows, with the ability to create web pages in the CMS.
- Content strategy – provide leadership and direction for enterprise content architecture, management, modeling, governance and search engine optimization.
- Lead content inventories, gap analyses, competitive audits, and secondary research. Drive the discovery of industry trends and emerging best practices
- Collaborate with stakeholders outside of and within WSO to develop strategies to support key initiatives on ACS.org
- Develop and implement processes and guidelines (including scalable content models, messaging strategies, metadata schema, and taxonomies) that address the technical, business, editorial requirements of acs.org content.
- Promote best practices related to multi-platform and multi-channel publishing, SEO, user-generated content, personalization and understand and apply SEO strategies and tactics.
- Use data and research to evaluate content effectiveness. Partner with user experience researchers and web analytics to understand who our content consumers are, what content they require, and how content is consumed across multiple platforms.
- Build relationships and partnerships with other business units across ACS to establish content guidelines and editorial standards that drive content consistency in web writing and digital communications and enforce the ACS brand and messaging.
- Create a brand strategy that leverages integrated touch points across multiple digital channels improving the customer journey and user and member engagement.
- Advocate for standardization across siloed content teams with the goal of improving customer experience and operational efficiency
- Analyze site content based on user feedback, analytics, and other metrics.
- Assess existing content for usefulness, usability, visual design, content, and branding
- Collaborate with business partners, colleagues, and vendors/freelancers to streamline content production and ensure consistency in style, tone, branding, and quality across ACS.org.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 10+ years experience in digital content management to include copywriting and editing, particularly for the web and email channels
- Exceptional writing and editing skills and knowledge of content auditing and archiving processes and best practices
- Strong skills in utilizing usability, web analytics, and web evaluation results.
- Solid understanding of information architecture and applications for content strategy
- Experience working with wireframes, content tagging and taxonomies
- Keen eye for cross-channel marketing opportunities and strong content marketing skills
- Software: Content Management Systems (CMS); Adobe Experience Manager preferred and experience with digital asset management tools
- Knowledge of email marketing and marketing automation tools, Exact Target/Salesforce
Marketing Cloud is a plus.
Interested? Apply for this role