This is an exciting opportunity to work with a market-leading SaaS tool whose success has primarily been driven by product-led growth. We’re looking for a Senior Content Marketing Manager to join the small but growing content marketing team at TestRail. We need you to help us build a compelling library of content, webpages, and blog posts designed to inform, entertain, and inspire our technical audience of QA and software engineers across a variety of formats and channels, with an emphasis on technical writing. We’re also looking to you to shape the future of TestRail content strategy, objectives, and KPIs.
This role reports to the Head of Marketing for the TestRail Marketing Team. Given the nature of the role, you will work closely with a variety of people both inside and outside TestRail (including but not limited to Product Marketing, Community Managers/Solution Architects, Sales, customers, freelance writers, etc.) to craft and distribute high-quality content in a variety of digital formats.
What you’ll do:
- Research and write both short-form and in-depth articles about the key issues and strategic topics of interest to TestRail’s target audience: software testing, test automation, software quality, software development, DevOps, and more
- Write content pieces that address anxieties, pain points, and desired outcomes for users and prospective users across the five stages of customer awareness (Unaware, Problem Aware, Solution Aware, Product Aware, and Most Aware)
- Author blog and social posts which support the marketing team’s lead-gen goals
- Become an expert in the software development and testing industry so that you can write meaningful, informative, compelling blog articles, white papers, and other types of content with authority and confidence
- Interview current customers, TestRail team members, industry thought leaders, or other testing community members to write more compelling content
- Help the other teams at TestRail with copyediting requests to maintain style and voice control over any content that will see the light of day
- You have 5+ years of experience in content marketing with a strong emphasis on writing, preferably writing for a technical audience in software development. Bonus points if you’ve worked in a B2B SaaS environment
- You care deeply about quality writing. You approach content marketing like a journalist, taking the time to research the wider context and understand the background for stories you write as well as any key technical concepts at play. You take pride in finding ways to simplify complex ideas into compelling stories
- When you write content, you think about how it will be consumed. You’re skilled at telling the same story across multiple channels (desktop, mobile, email, print, signage) in a way that’s integrated yet optimized for every touchpoint
- You care deeply about your audience’s anxieties, pain points, and desires; you’re able to put yourself into customers’ shoes and go the extra mile to help your audience take something meaningful away from the content you create
- Skilled at authoring creative, concise content under tight deadlines. Not afraid to get into technical details of software development, software testing, or other technical domains related to software quality
- You have an obsessive attention to detail. Errors and typos make your skin crawl
- You can balance competing priorities, maintain high standards without being a perfectionist, and can execute on and deliver complex projects involving multiple stakeholders
- You love reusing content you’ve already created across different mediums and formats to help members of your target audience who learn more easily through a variety of mediums (including audio and video, in addition to written content);
- You are a systems thinker and enjoy testing hypotheses even if they aren’t guaranteed to work, measuring the results, and iterating based on what you’ve learned
- You’re incisive about breaking down problems and excel at using data to drive decisions (even when the data is not perfect)
- You’re keen to move fast, love the Pareto principle, and are focused on results. Bonus points for understanding an OODA Loop
TestRail helps quality assurance (QA), engineering, and software development teams speed up testing, improve product quality, and ship releases faster. More than 10,000 organizations like NASA, Apple, Microsoft, Activision Blizzard, and Amazon trust TestRail to power their QA and test management processes.
An Equal Opportunity Employer - Females, Minorities, Veterans, Disabled and Other Protected Groups.
Idera, Inc and its subsidiaries are committed to respecting and protecting the privacy of its customers, job applicants, partners and website visitors. For more information about our Privacy Statement, please go to https://www.idera.com/legal/privacystatement.