The Content Marketing Manager plays a key role in defining and executing the content strategy and brand messaging for AEU. This position is responsible for developing, maintaining and publishing/distributing content for both internal and external audiences.
This position requires project management skills, hands-on writing, editing, and design skills, the ability to define and implement content marketing strategies, and collaboration with internal and external audiences.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing and works in AEU’s Mobile, Alabama office. This is not a remote work position.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Identify and develop content that showcases the AEU brand mission and support key business initiatives and content themes. The content formats that this role will develop and maintain include, but are not limited to, articles/blogs, website content, press releases, email campaigns, advertisements, social media, presentations, brochures, event materials, webcasts, podcasts and other marketing communications.
- Build and manage editorial calendars and publishing schedules.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to develop relevant content for audiences.
- Adhere to brand standards and governance protocols.
- Monitor campaigns and engagement activity related to content marketing efforts.
- Coordinate video projects as directed.
Marketing Material Development/Design
- Apply graphic design principles and utilize appropriate software to design digital and printed marketing materials as needed. Marketing materials include, but are not limited to, presentations, brochures/flyers, direct mailers, signage, and other promotional material.
- Identify which projects should be outsourced and fully execute projects with third-party designers.
- Collaboratively determine and develop print material needs for events (e.g., signage, attendee packets, invitations).
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to build or edit presentations for events.
- Maintain inventory of marketing materials, both electronic and printed.
- Work with Senior Marketing Manager to execute paid and organic advertising efforts, including designing ads, writing copy for ads, and coordinating ad placement with media outlets. Must be comfortable developing ads for different media, including print, email (HTML), search engines, and social networks.
- Strong content development and writing skills. This position involves a significant amount of writing, editing and content packaging. Strong knowledge of content marketing strategy and channels is required, as well as an editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Eye for creative design and layout. This individual is the primary designer of marketing materials that represent AEU. Qualified candidates will develop aesthetically pleasing, professional, brand-compliant materials using fundamental graphic design principles and software outlined in the qualifications section below.
- Attention to detail and organization. Must be comfortable working on projects that require an extremely high level of organization, accuracy and attention to detail. Exemplary time management skills are critical for this role.
- Sense of accountability and pride. Must be willing to accept accountability for deadlines and responsibilities. Must exhibit a strong personal pride in the quality, accuracy and appearance of work product.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Must be comfortable working on dynamic and diverse teams and appreciate working in a collaborative environment. Must be comfortable taking direction from numerous sources.
- Comfortable operating under pressure. Must be capable of, and comfortable with, managing tight timeframes, learning new information quickly, juggling priorities, and taking input/direction from multiple individuals. Must be able to adapt to shifting priorities with ease and professionalism.
- Technologically savvy. Must be experienced in and comfortable with using technology for organizational and collaboration purposes, as well as to execute core functions of the position (e.g., graphic design projects).
- Self-motivated/driven to succeed. High level of initiative and ability to work autonomously. Proactive and resourceful with a positive attitude.
- Focused on continuous improvement. Recommends process improvements as opportunities arise.
- A minimum of five years of content marketing experience that includes social media, marketing material development, communication development and website management
- Associate or bachelor’s degree preferred; will consider equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Proficiency with the following software is required: Adobe InDesign, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Canva, Mailchimp, and video editing software
- Upon request, samples from a creative portfolio that demonstrate strength in content development, including social media content, long-form content, brochures, and other marketing material
- Candidates must reside in the Mobile, Alabama metro area or able to relocate at own expense prior to start date (this is not a remote work position)
- Experience with web content management systems, HTML, and other Adobe Creative Cloud products a plus
Interested? Apply for this role