The Bloc is the most diversified, fully independent health creative agency in the world, celebrating our 20th Anniversary! We provide comprehensive cross-channel services for audiences across the health spectrum and partner with clients who are doing some of the most meaningful and exciting work in health today. And as part of an international network of like-minded, independent agencies across the globe, our work continues to be globally recognized for creativity and innovation. Come build with us.
The Content Strategist is responsible for supporting the Director of Content Strategy towards overseeing all content requirements, and creating all content strategy deliverables (content audits, gap analyses, taxonomies, metadata frameworks, style guides, content migration plans, etc.) across the project lifecycle. Collaborating closely with the engagement strategy, medical strategy, UX team, our Creative, and Technology groups. You will be critical to defining the content needs of web sites and applications our teams create, and to working closely with the Director to ensure the necessary content is sourced or otherwise generated. Experience or exposure to the healthcare industry preferred, but not mandatory.
- Help developing content strategy based on client business objectives and user needs
- With the Director, assist in determining projects' overall content requirements and potential content sources
- Support developing innovative solutions for content presentation, including content management, workflow, and maintenance
- Learning to create taxonomies and metadata frameworks for grouping and tagging content
- Working with Director and client to enhance, edit and reformat legacy and newly created content
- Ensuring content conforms to Search Engine Optimization best practices
- Support in developing or overseeing development of all content to be included in the solution
- Help develop, set, and enforce guidelines for the editorial tone, style, and voice of all content
- Develop naming conventions, instructional copy, and other interface textual elements
- Aid in oversight of content migration/integration and preparing documentation to do so
- Developing content indexes and mapping documentation for the new site
- Tasks in support of management of content integration with content management systems, digital asset management, databases and SEO best practices
- 3-5+ years experience in creating/writing content for Web or other digital media
- Degree in related field, such as English, journalism, technical writing, or library science
- Previous experience in professional print, digital or broadcast media
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Office Suite, knowledge of web crawlers like Screaming Frog, SEO tools, and working knowledge of design tools such as Sketch and InDesign
The Bloc provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
Interested? Apply for this role