Who are we?
The Bx Group is a Climate-Tech business working to transform agriculture into an industry that helps to reverse climate change and benefit nature. We do this by building tools to help growers manage their operations efficiently and sustainably whilst continuously improving the health of their farm’s ecosystem. We also provide growers with new revenue opportunities through our blockchain-backed ecosystem services marketplace. Within the Bx Group we have access to the UK’s most forward-thinking top fruit growers, giving us a unique opportunity to incubate our products on working farms. Our aim is to fundamentally disrupt the food industry, delivering better produce and information to consumers, and better incentives for growers to care for the natural environment.
Within Bx we believe that exceptional performance is achieved by nurturing a culture underpinned by psychological safety, kindness, open communication and the right to take measured riskAs and learn from failures. Our approach to leadership is to enable our team to be highly autonomous with a decentralised approach to decision making, centred around well-bounded areas of ownership, with durable and realistic goals for teams and individuals.
We're looking for a climate passionate individual who wants to make an impactful difference with their work. Through the shaping of content strategies, narratives and design, you would be part of a team that creates innovative products that aim to disrupt sectors such as agriculture, finance and more importantly reverse climate change.
You will be responsible for planning, creating, evaluating, updating and reviewing content at all stages of the end-to-end user journey. You will:
- Be comfortable using evidence, data and research to make content decisions
- Be responsible for content design for all forms of comms, audio, written and video. Internal and external
- Develop content for the needs of our customers, enquiries and SEO best practice. To ultimately increase our audience reach, attract customers and boost brand awareness
- Build relationships across the business to focus on the needs of the user and to influence stakeholders
- Contribute to and use the style guides and content patterns
- Work closely with UX and UI designers to write and map user stories/journeys
Skills needed for this role
- Agile working. You are aware of and understand agile methodology and can apply an agile mindset to your work. You can work in a fast-paced, evolving environment and use an iterative and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery. You are unafraid to take risks, willing to learn from mistakes and appreciate the importance of agile project delivery to digital projects. You are able to make sure the team has a situational awareness of each other’s work and how it relates to objectives and user needs. You can use a range of tools and platforms to plan and manage your work.
- Content concepts and prototyping. You understand different prototyping techniques, from paper sketches to coded prototypes and can use them to visualise content in context. You can choose the best option to make content understandable to different audiences and to demonstrate a proposed approach to content changes or improvements. You can show the value of prototyping to the team.
- Stakeholder relationship management. You can identify important stakeholders and communicate with them clearly and regularly. You can tailor communication to their needs and work with them to build relationships while also meeting user needs. You know how to build and reach consensus. You work to improve stakeholder relationships, using evidence to explain decisions made.
- Strategic thinking. You contribute to content strategies and policies, and can create content patterns or standards. You provide support for content improvement projects and focus on outcomes rather than solutions and activities.
- User focus. You can identify tasks that will provide insights into a problem. You can formulate hypotheses, gain insights from data and user research and make decisions on findings. You understand the range of different users who might access content and services and can identify their needs based on evidence. You can translate user stories into content that meets users’ needs and propose suitable design approaches. You can use quantitative and qualitative data about users to turn user insights into outcomes.
- User-centred content design. You design content to meet user needs and make complex language and processes easy to understand. You champion human centric design with everything you do. You can present the right information in the right format for what users need. You have robust experience of writing, editing and publishing digital content on a multitude of platforms with experience of using content management systems and content production processes to publish content. You write in plain language in a way that users understand, making information accessible to all. You understand accessibility requirements and can design content that works with common assistive technologies. You use data, research and evidence to review and evaluate content to make improvements. You consistently and effectively apply content standards and style guidelines to your work. You work to continuously improve content and understand why content lifecycle management is important. You can work autonomously.
- Subject knowledge. You have good knowledge of climate and agricultural technologies. You are passionate about the environment and the ways the climate crisis can be tackled with technology and behaviour change. You push yourself to be up to date with the latest innovation in the climate space; this knowledge is clearly conveyed through your strategies and writing.
- Flexible working arrangements, including on our 800 hectares of Kent Orchards
- Private healthcare
- Gym Discount scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Get to save the planet!
Bx Group is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bx Group are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, colour, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bx Group will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.