The e-Content Designer is responsible for executing designs, product images and other graphics for content and products on homedepot.com, expo.com, homedepot.ca and various other company Web sites, as well as for print vehicles such as magazine ads and direct order catalogs. Other responsibilities include creating interactive Flash presentations for how-to projects or products, and banner advertising and promotions on outside Web sites, all of which contribute to increased sales and strengthened brand awareness for The Home Depot. The e-Content Designer helps to improve customer service by continually refining and adding features and functionality online and in print.
- Creates visual layouts for online or catalog presentations
- Oversees photo shoots, coordinating efforts with merchandising and photographers
- Prepares product images to maximize product presentation
- Packages and delivers assets in the required format (online or print)
- Works with the editor to develop and execute special concepts (interactive demos or themed catalogs)
- Designs distinctive icons to facilitate shopping
Direct Manager/Direct Reports:
- This position reports to Creative Manager.
- No direct responsibility for supervising others
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions, there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- No travel required
- Must be eighteen years of age or older.
- Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
- Solid knowledge of Mac-based Quark, PhotoShop and Illustrator for all; for online–strong knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver and Flash; for print–experience in pre-press and print production.
- Some technical knowledge of various Web platforms or print processes
- Working knowledge of marketing, finance, human resources, advertising, merchandising and operations
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions consistent with department/company objectives
- Ability to create visual solutions consistent with industry trends yet unique and innovative
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to translate complex information into easy-to-understand designs and visual elements
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliverables
- Supervisory/coordinating skills
- Budgetary accountability
- Some project management skills
- Solid knowledge of Mac-based Quark, PhotoShop and Illustrator for all; for online–strong knowledge of HTML, Dreamweaver and Flash; for print–experience in pre-press and print production
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor’s degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Minimum Years of Work Experience: 2
- Action Oriented
- Drives Engagement
- Communicates Effectively
- Customer Focus
- Drives Results
- Manages Conflict
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new addition
- 401(K) savings plan with company match
- Merit increases and performance bonuses
- On-the-spot recognition and rewards for a job well done
Interested? Apply for this role