THIS IS A WRITING-CENTRIC JOB. YOU MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND WORK SAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE. NO EXCEPTIONS. Please bundle your cover letter as a PDF with your resume or add as another page to your resume Word doc. If you would prefer, you can email it to firstname.lastname@example.org instead. Ideally, this would be a custom cover letter that explains why you're the best fit for this specific content director role and why you want to work at The Lash Lounge.
The Lash Lounge is looking for a content director to connect with, compel and inspire Lash Lounge audiences through multichannel marketing. This person will develop a content strategy informed by past performance metrics and future marketing objectives by illuminating competitive points of difference, illustrating the salon experience and humanizing the brand.
Managing a team of two, this person will work together with The Lash Lounge graphic designer, partner agencies and cross-departmentally to concept, structure, create, communicate and execute comprehensive evergreen, seasonal and promotional campaigns that support marketing objectives.
This person will spearhead the content strategy for the brand with a mind to designing and optimizing the user experience. They’ll work alongside the digital marketing director to prioritize search engine optimization (SEO) updates to improve search rankings for target keywords, as well as user experience updates to increase on-site conversions and conversion rates for both the national site and franchisee microsites.
At The Lash Lounge, we are a team first and foremost in service to our franchisees. We create and optimize meaningful marketing programs that raise category awareness, build brand authority, and drive lead capture, on-site conversions, salon sales and member retention.
But we also have a lot of fun doing it. We are a team that believes in bringing your true, authentic self to work, taking and making opportunities that fill you up and move us forward.
Location: Remote, but will occasionally be asked to travel for meetings or content production.
Reports To: VP of Marketing
Salary Range: $70,000–$85,000 + bonus potential
Benefits: Medical/dental/vision insurance available, PTO, paid holidays, 401K with company contributions, cell phone allowance, hybrid lash membership at The Lash Lounge
About The Lash Lounge
Headquartered in Ann Arbor, Mich., The Lash Lounge is a premier eyelash salon franchise, specializing in lash extensions, lash lifts, tinting, threading and more. At The Lash Lounge, expert stylists collaborate with guests to design the perfect custom lash look, using an exclusive design technique made to celebrate and enhance their natural beauty. A luxurious and relaxing escape, The Lash Lounge cuts down on morning makeup routines and leaves guests confident that whatever the day brings them, they’ll look and feel their best.
Manage + Mentor
- Manage a team of two content professionals, responsible for all consumer-facing messaging, primarily across digital, social and print media.
- Observe and coach to content team’s unique strengths, weaknesses and opportunities for growth.
- Oversee collaboration with The Lash Lounge’s freelance graphic designer, entrusted with achieving brand relevancy through cultural and technological change.
- Act as final quality assurance on all Lash Lounge marketing materials and external communication.
- Serve as a beauty category expert, interfacing with the training and products teams, staying up to date on beauty, lash, brow and spa industry developments, competitor positioning and announcements, and product and service releases.
- Within the context of beauty culture and audience behavior, work with partner agencies to develop a comprehensive content strategy, spanning site, blog, social, search, digital advertising, email, PR and print marketing.
- Together with partner agencies, evaluate user engagement and behavior across The Lash Lounge’s national and local websites to prioritize user experience (UX) updates and content optimizations.
- Research, package and pitch partnership opportunities with like-minded brands and influencers.
- Plan content and multimedia beyond the deliverable into strategic utilization across multiple channels—this includes ensuring content is properly outfitted for search engines (including YouTube) and ADA compliance.
- From concept to completion, orchestrate up to 6 annual seasonal, promotional and evergreen campaigns across all mediums—including creative vision, asset development and franchisee communication.
- Write, edit and proof new and optimized website content and regular blogs.
- Manage short-form and long-form video production and photoshoots with partner agencies.
Collaborate + Communicate
- Work hand in hand with the operations, products and training departments to bring projects thoughtfully, thoroughly and accurately to completion.
- Beyond content and campaign creation, communicate salon-level execution to a network of 120+ franchisees, including implications for point-of-sale and lead management software, to bring the project to completion.
- Record and analyze campaign performance as it relates to marketing objectives to inform future campaign creation and associated promotions.
- Collaborate with the digital marketing director for monthly, quarterly and annual assessments of content performance across channels, by impressions, engagement rate and/or target KPI, to guide future content strategy.
- Own social media data capture, performance analysis, content recommendations and optimizations alongside partner paid social agency.
- Work with the digital marketing director to optimize social media to support website visits and site conversions.
- ≥6 years in a creative or content marketing role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Proficiency with Canva and/or Adobe Creative Suite
- Expertise in short-form video, especially Instagram Reels, YouTube Shorts and TikTok formats desired
- Familiarity with video editing
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, creative writing, graphic design or fine arts preferred
- Franchise experience a plus
- Sound vision and leadership ability
- Creative thinker—both verbally and visually (don’t need to be a designer)
- Excellent writer and editor, with the ability to communicate clearly, succinctly…and sometimes playfully, with a mind for the audience and tone
- Meticulous proofer
- Team player
- Takes initiative
- Strong multitasker
- Exceptional time-management skills
- Agility, often in real-time
- Extreme attention to detail
- Abreast of beauty, self-care and fashion trends in pop culture