The Mars Agency is a global marketing practice, specializing in marketing to shoppers, consumers and retailers across the ever-expanding omni-commerce environment. Mars uniquely refers to this environment as the A-to-V Commerce SM space, which incorporates everything from Autonomous to Voice commerce. Mars, proud of its independence and growth-for-clients focus, operates internationally across the Americas, Europe and Asia through its network of 13 offices.
The Mars Agency is seeking a Content Marketing Manager, ideally based in Seattle although we are open to a remote location.
The Content Marketing Manager will be chiefly responsible for crafting and executing product page content strategies and development for our brand clients on key E-commerce platforms like Amazon, Walmart.com and several other eTailers. The Content Marketing Manager will report to the Director, E-Commerce and will be the go-to person for day-to-day cross-site content management and seasoned in E-commerce product page content best practices across different key retailers. This individual will work cross-functionally with many facets of the organization and partner closely with the Creative and Customer Development teams to drive business for our clients. Digital Shelf and Salsify experience is required.
- Audit brands’ and their competitors’ digital shelves and provide analysis and content update recommendations
- Advise clients with BIC digital content strategy and optimized product page content on key E-commerce platforms like Amazon, Walmart.com and other leading eTailers
- Develop copy to ensure all product page content is consistent with the brand/retailer voice, style and Retailers’ requirements and optimized for search and shopper experience
- Execute and lead end-to-end content development and syndication (development of timelines, trafficking and review of materials, cross-site syndication) and independently manage projects effectively from start to finish
- Work with in-house and external creative teams, and source/procure external production resources as required for distribution and activation of produced digital assets across E-Commerce Retailers
- Project manage the creation of compelling product page content assets (image carousel, BTF content and Brand Store) from ideation through completion
- Partner with the Director, E-Commerce and client teams to develop timelines aligned to campaign launch plans and implement efficient methodologies to speed the time to market while also delivering market-leading quality
- Work within platforms and workbenches managing product pages and technical details as well as troubleshooting issues (i.e. Amazon Vendor Central, Salsify, Syndigo, WebCollage and Content Analytics for content syndication)
- Manage content health reporting and content analysis working within the platforms
- Identify and track emerging E-commerce product page content trends and requirements (A+ Content, Enhanced Brand Content, Brand Stores), and regularly develop and share educational content for clients and internal agency teams
- Some travel required
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree or greater
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an E-commerce content development leader in consumer-packaged goods
- Experience managing content on major E-commerce websites such as Amazon.com or Walmart.com
- Self-starter with strong problem-solving ability and comfortable making decisions with limited information and resources
- Capable of handling multiple projects simultaneously with a demonstrated ability to lead projects and work cross functionally with multiple teams to execute tasks and projects
- Comfort with fast-moving deliverables and timelines
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Experience working collaboratively with a cross-functional on and off-site team
- Background working with consumable brands/categories is a plus
- High level of energy and enthusiasm
The Mars Agency is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, ancestry, creed, color, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or handicap, HIV, veteran, marital or family status, or any other status or condition protected by applicable state and/or federal laws, except where a bonafide occupational qualification applies.
The Mars Agency has developed a wide variety of inclusive benefit plans and policies that address and promote the needs of all employees and their family members, including comprehensive group health plans, a parental leave program that includes paid maternity and paternity benefits for pregnancy, adoption and surrogacy, flexible paid time off, a broad and confidential employee assistance program, ongoing wellness support initiatives, trusted financial health advice and guidance, promotion of education through tuition support and assistance, and a flexible and supportive work environment and culture.