Our Customer’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through their family of apps and services, they are building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together.
Remote Options: The position is 100% remote to the locations below.
- Baltimore, MD.
- Boston, MA.
- Houston, TX.
- Los Angeles, CA.
- San Diego, CA.
- Menlo Park, CA.
We are seeking a Content Designer on a contract basis to help support our Customer’s business needs. This role is to support our teams focused on local buying and selling. You’ll help people find affordable and unique products within their communities and help small sellers make a living on our clients. You’ll build trust in our client as a place for safe and reliable shopping, and you’ll work with other content designers. product designers and researchers across Marketplace to make sure the experience works in a unified shopping platform.
What You’ll Do:
- Help shape the future direction of the product based on feedback from our community of buyers and sellers.
- Should be comfortable with ambiguity, using your strategic powers to shine a light on a path forward.
- Will work with partners across Marketplace to make sure the experiences are consistent across our platform.
- Will own the experiences for individual buyers and sellers and be the go-to person for these experiences for other Marketplace teams.
- Will be writing content for a wide variety of features from discovery through post-transaction.
- Collaborate with Product Design, UX Research, Product, Data Science, and Engineering on the Buyer Growth team to develop user-facing content, messaging, content frameworks, and patterns that create a trustworthy and engaging shopping destination for shoppers.
- Strategize content design approach and develop an information architecture that helps external users navigate through our app seamlessly.
- Build powerful cross-functional relationships and get buy-in on content design direction and decisions.
- Be a Content Design champion and take any opportunity to educate and share how we can contribute to the overall strategy and direction of our products.
- Roll up your sleeves and work on product strategy for our client Marketplace.
- Strength and build commerce capabilities and communities to enable and encourage shoppers to find affordable and unique products on our client Marketplace.
- You’ll empower people around the world to achieve financial independence with the business opportunities our client Marketplace offers individuals and local communities.
- You’ll be the voice of our users, humanize product problems and keep users at the heart of your work.
- 5+ years of experience as a project or program manager with a background in establishing programs and supporting teams.
- Experience working on content for mobile experiences
- Impeccable writing skills and grammar.
- Must have a track record of operating independently and delivering results, embracing ambiguity, demonstrating creativity, being detail-oriented, and delivering results in a highly organized manner.
- Experience in communicating effectively with internal and external audiences, including leadership, peers, and cross-functional partners.
- Must have experience working in a fast-paced environment that requires independent time management, task prioritization, and flexibility.
- Must have experience building relationships with peers and stakeholders and collaborating with cross-functional teams across multiple locations.
- Must familiarize working with the UX Research field.
- Must have experience working in client or vendor management.
- Must have experience developing and managing user research panels.
- Experience designing products for global users.
- Experience with social products.
- Experience adept at working with engineering partners to define new.
- Experience leading UX efforts, including product design and user experience research.
- Ability to take feedback and collaborate cross-functionally.
- Bachelor's Degree is preferred.
Hours & Location:
- M-F, 40 hours/week. This role will be 100% Remote.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be legally authorized to work in the United States and must have US residency at the time of application.
Perks are available through our 3rd Party Employer of Record (Available upon completion of the waiting period for eligible engagements)
- Health Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, FSA, Commuter Benefits Program
- Accrued PTO: Up to 15 days per 12 months on assignment
- New Child Benefit: Up to $4,000 for the birth or adoption of a child while on assignment (conditions apply)
Please note: In order to create a safe, productive work environment, our client is requiring all contractors to be fully vaccinated according to the CDC guidelines (please inform your employer if you need a medical or religious exemption). Prior to onboarding, contractors will be required to attest that they are fully vaccinated. Boosters are required to be received by March 28, 2022, or six months after receiving the final dose of the original vaccination series, whichever is later.
Interested? Apply for this role