We’re The Wild, and we’re passionate about collaboration and the power of technology to transform the way we work together. We’ve built a virtual workspace that allows architecture and design teams to collaborate at human scale in virtual and augmented reality.
We’re seeking an analytical and creative Senior Content Marketing Manager to take and scale our inbound marketing engine to the next level. This person will help us craft compelling content that attracts, engages, and converts web traffic to qualified leads and will play a critical role in expanding our reach by driving organic traffic. Expert knowledge of SEO practices and techniques is essential to this role.
We’ve built a platform for teams to create and share virtual workspaces where they can collaborate together in virtual and augmented reality from anywhere in the world. We’re focused on the Architecture, Engineering, and Construction (AEC) Industry because we believe that it’s the best first market for this technology, but our aspirations extend much further.
In early 2021 we acquired Prospect by IrisVR, which has solidified our position as the global leader in immersive collaboration for the AEC Industry.
- Own, optimize, and continually test the marketing websites (irisvr.com and thewild.com) with the goal of driving organic traffic.
- Create and execute on a strategy to merge the two websites in 2022.
- Review site performance daily and fix any technical SEO issues
- Conduct keyword research, develop keyword strategy, and execute on content to support
- Hire and manage writers, designers, and contractors to augment and support your efforts
- Creation of design templates in the CMS
- Own and advise on CMS vendor
- Collaborate on strategy with Sr. Demand Generation Manager the buyer's journey and developing the right user experience and messaging.
- Write and develop content for the website including blog posts, case studies, landing pages, videos, resources, and white papers.
- Manage the company YouTube Channel and incorporate SEO best practices
- Manage the company social media channels
- Create and drive our SEO strategy to drive our top-of-funnel numbers (rankings, link building, etc).
- Scale programs that drive leads through website traffic, website conversions, demos, and free trial signups.
- Use A/B testing to continually test and drive results
- Weekly reporting on website performance and KPIs
- Engage off-page and 3rd parties to enhance link building
- Support Marketing team and perform other tasks as needed
- 5-8 years as a webmaster, SEO, and with significant content marketing experience, preferably at a B2 or SaaS company
- Excellent writing skills
- Equal parts technical and creative
- Obsessed with SEO best practices, traffic, rankings, domain authority, testing, and optimization.
- Self-starter, communicative, and organized individual who can both collaborate and work asynchronously
- Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders (written and video)
- Detail-oriented and accurate; enjoys problem-solving and being challenged
- Preferred Software: HTML/CSS, Asana (or other project management tool), Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Search Console, Moz/SEM Rush
- You identify with our culture of creative trust
Who you’ll be working with:
- Clay Walsh, Marketing & Communications Director— You’ll be reporting to Clay (she/her), who leads the marketing team at The Wild. She’s focused on product marketing, creating and maintaining high-level documentation, messaging, partnerships, managing the team of contractors and staff, as well as growing website traffic and converting high quality leads into our pipeline. She also owns brand, communications, events, and PR.
- Austin Baker, Content Marketing Manager— You’ll be collaborating very closely with Austin, who is product-driven and multi-talented, creating everything from webinars, newsletters, blog posts, graphics, gifs, videos, VR demos, presentations, and more.
- Courtney Holmes, Sr. Demand Generation Manager— Courtney is the strategic demand lead you’ll work with the most, she is charged with building our customer acquisition program, and the two of you will be responsible for growing our lead volume with sales qualified leads to fill our sales pipeline.
- You have interest or knowledge of 3D design, virtual and/or augmented reality.
- You understand or have interest in Agile project management.
- You have interest/experience with VR/AR or the AEC industry.
- You have interest/experience working for a SaaS company or a technology startup.
Compensation and benefits
- A competitive salary
- Stock options
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Flexible vacation policy
- Paid family/parental leave
- Life insurance
- 4 offsite retreats a year (2 virtual/2 travel in-person)
Sound exciting to you? Join us as we build the future of collaboration.
More about The Wild
We’re a small but mighty remote-first company whose mission is to shorten the distance between ideas and shared experiences. We believe in the power of virtual and augmented reality to connect people across distance. Our core product, The Wild, is a virtual workspace that is being used by architecture and design companies around the globe. In early 2021, we acquired IrisVR and we’re about to take some huge leaps forward to empower more teams to experience their designs together in virtual reality, and redefine the future of work. You can learn more about us at thewild.com.
We are focused on building a diverse and inclusive team at The Wild. If you’re excited about this role, but do not meet 100% of the qualifications listed above, we encourage you to apply.
The Wild is an equal opportunity employer—we value and welcome diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our goal is to create a community rich with cultural, social, and intellectual diversity.