Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue of approximately $40 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, increasing productivity in their laboratories, improving patient health through diagnostics or developing and manufacturing life-changing therapies, we are here to support them.
We are looking for a motivated and creative Content Marketing Strategist to join our growing team. Together with the Content Marketing Manager, you will discover meaningful work that makes a positive impact on a global scale. You will help generate demand for Thermo Fisher Patheon CDMO services through effective content strategy and development. We would like to find a candidate who is proficient in interviewing subject matter experts (SMEs), interpreting complex information and distilling it into useful insights, researching various topics, and crafting compelling narratives that increase engagement and conversion across channels. Teamwork is key for us, as we work with various stakeholders across the globe to develop engaging content that tells a story. Experience working with colleagues and vendors in the Asia-Pacific region is preferred, as 50% of your time will be dedicated to content strategy support for the APAC team.
What will you do:
- Develop content strategy, including buyer journeys and target personas that differentiate the Thermo Fisher Patheon Pharma Services Group (PSG) brand across digital channels
- Write and edit marketing content including presentations, fact sheets, brochures, case studies, web pages, and thought leadership that aligns with the buyer journey and SEO standard methodologies
- Proof-read content for alignment with brand standards, style, voice, and campaign objectives
- Research various topics and interview global SMEs to develop content that drives engagement and conversion
- Create an optimized user experience (UX)
- Regularly audit, revise, and repurpose content where needed based on analytics and stakeholder input
- Work with cross-functional teams to create regional editorial calendars, a content pipeline, production schedules, and processes
- Lead content projects with minimal oversight
- Build positive relationships with global peers to deliver on the brand and marketing strategy
- Support sales training, new product introductions, sales tool development and deployment as assigned
- Support a learning culture of continuous improvement by identifying and actively participating in and/or leading process improvement and organizational change initiatives as requested
- Exhibit excellent presentation, communication, and writing skills, with the ability to inspire through a persuasive presentation of information
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned
How will you get here:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in communications, marketing, or journalism.
- Five-plus years of marketing content development experience, in house or agency preferred.
- Authoritative communicator that can translate business capabilities and sophisticated technical/scientific information into content and marketing collateral for digital media channels
- Expertise in crafting content strategy and content plans; mapping content to the buyer journey and improving user web experience and conversion
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Experience working in a fast-paced, matrixed environment supporting multiple team members simultaneously and across the globe
- Writing samples will be requested
- Fluent in spoken and written English; proficiency in Japanese, Korean, or Mandarin a plus
- Excellent writing, positioning, messaging, content development, and collateral development skills
- Expert in PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- Expert in SEO planning and execution
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Premiere Pro, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Proficiency in Adobe Web suite (Experience, Target, Campaign, Journey Optimizer)
- Exceptional organizational skills and ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously to consistently meet deadlines and achieve budget
- Strong project management experience in leading projects from inception to production
- Ability to collaborate and influence across globally matrixed teams
- Ability to travel as needed (<15%)
Our global team of more than 100,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services, Patheon and PPD.
COVID-19 Vaccination Update for U.S. & Canada Colleagues
- All U.S. colleagues are required to disclose vaccination status. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon the first day of employment.
- All U.S. new hires working in Waltham, MA or San Francisco- Mariposa must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment.
- All U.S. new hires with Field Sales, Field Services, Customer Support, Technical Applications or Executive roles must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment.
- All Canada new hires with Field Sales, Field Services, Customer Support, Technical Applications roles must be fully vaccinated before their first day of employment. New hires will be asked to disclose vaccination status upon the first day of employment.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
EEO & Affirmative Action
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status.