We exist to help people achieve financial clarity. At Thrivent, we believe money is a tool, not a goal. Driven by a higher purpose at our core, we are committed to providing financial advice, investments, insurance, banking and generosity programs to help people make the most of all they’ve been given.
At our heart, we are a membership-owned fraternal organization, as well as a holistic financial services organization, dedicated to serving the unique needs of our clients. We focus on their goals and priorities, guiding them toward financial choices that will help them live the life they want today—and tomorrow.
As a Senior UX Writer with Thrivent's Experience & Innovation team, you are hands-on in creating new and differentiated digital experiences with humans at the heart. You'll collaborate with cross-functional digital product teams anywhere between discovery and research processes to delivering new experiences in the market. You're eager to learn, excited by ambiguity, and able to skillfully contribute to the evolution of a fast-growing digital brand. You have a passion for quality in your craft, and you're ready to bring it to a new high-impact team of thinkers and doers who are breaking down boundaries of what's possible for digital products in our industry.
Yeah, we're doing things differently, and we're just getting started. Sound like your thing? Join in on the action.
**We are open to candidates working remotely anywhere across the United States.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads the creation of product-specific UX writing guidelines aligned to our brand guidelines
- Collaborates with product/experience owners to create comprehensive acceptance criteria for user stories
- Advocate for design by shaping experiences through creating useful, accessible, meaningful text that helps users achieve their goals
- Write content that simplifies the experience and delights users
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including UI/UX designers, technologists, usability specialist, and experience owners
- Collaborate with brand leaders to define our unified voice with cohesive language across all of our experiences
- Operate with empathy and evidence to inform content choices and recommendations
- Consult with other teams regarding concise, human-centered writing within their project
- Question existing terminology, test for comprehension, and push for accessible alternatives
- Gives specific feedback to the teams (internal/external) and business partners that is constructive, smart, and intelligible providing definite direction on where to take the work next
- Is hands on for one large initiative for the E&I Team
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in shaping content for multidisciplinary projects
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines
- 3+ years experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation, or journalism
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices
- Thorough knowledge of the digital product creation process
Other Critical Factors
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around content flows, clear copy, and information architecture.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment
- Demonstrate communication expertise outside UX writing
- Additional skills in related fields, including design and prototyping
- Strong understanding of typography and brand messaging
- Any tricks up your sleeve?
- Motion design, video editing
- Complex prototyping, including animations and micro-interactions for digital products
- 3D/AR/VR design
- Conducting competitive analyses, research, and/or usability testing
- Any other awesome skills you bring to the table!
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.