As a UX Writer with Thrivent's Experience & Innovation team, you are hands-on in creating new and differentiated digital experiences with humans at the heart. You'll collaborate with cross-functional digital product teams anywhere between discovery and research processes to delivering new experiences in the market. You're eager to learn, excited by ambiguity, and able to skillfully contribute to the evolution of a fast-growing digital brand. You have a passion for quality in your craft, and you're ready to bring it to a new high-impact team of thinkers and doers who are breaking down boundaries of what's possible for digital products in our industry.
Yeah, we're doing things differently, and we're just getting started. Sound like your thing? Join in on the action.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with product/experience owners to create comprehensive acceptance criteria for user stories.
- Write content that simplifies the experience and delights users.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including UI/UXD designers, technologists, usability specialist, and experience owners.
- Operate with empathy and evidence to inform content choices and recommendations.
- Question existing terminology, test for comprehension, and push for accessibility alternatives.
- Provides specific feedback to the teams (internal/external) and business partners that is constructive, smart, and intelligible providing definite direction on where to take the work next.
- Is hands-on for one program at a time for the E&I Team.
Required Job Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Technical Writing, UX, HCI, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in shaping content for multi-disciplinary projects.
- Portfolio of UX-focused writing samples and style guidelines.
- 1+ years of experience in user-focused writing, including work in hardware, software, digital agency, documentation, or journalism.
- Experience developing information architecture for complex documentation sets or product suites.
- Experience with localization and accessibility best practices.
- Knowledge of online technology and related products, including web and mobile UI and tools.
Other Critical Factors
- Ability to extract complex concepts and quickly turn around content flows, clear copy, and information architecture.
- Ability to manage ambiguity, work autonomously and multi-task in an agile environment.
- Demonstrate communication expertise outside UX writing.
- Additional skills in related fields, including design and prototyping.
- Strong understanding of typography and brand messaging.
- Any tricks up your sleeve?
- Motion design, video editing.
- Complex prototyping, including animations and micro-interactions for digital products.
- 3D/AR/VR design.
- Conducting competitive analyses, research, and/or usability testing.
- Any other awesome skills you bring to the table!
Thrivent provides Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable local, state, or federal law. This policy applies to all employees and job applicants.
Thrivent is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation, please let us know by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-847-4836 and request Human Resources.
Interested? Apply for this role