We have a fantastic new opportunity for a Learning Content Designer to join our thyssenkrupp Materials UK team. In late 2019 our People Development Lead started building the foundations for our induction, training, development and progression strategies, and the Learning Content Designer, reporting directly to the People Development Lead, will help build and strengthen our offering even further for our employees.
Our learning platform THRIVE (also the name of the learning platform provider), was launched in February 2023. It is a completely new offering for our employees and this role should be seen as an opportunity for anyone who loves a challenge and to make their mark! This is a blank canvas for you to introduce what you know works well and try out new ideas and ways of working. We are an open-minded and agile business and will support you by providing opportunities to demonstrate, discover and develop.
Your focus will be to implement solutions that enable our employees to build the skills required to fuel career transformation. You will work closely with our key stakeholders; leadership, marketing, QHSSE [NT1] (Quality, Health & Safety, Sustainability, Environmental) to build and deliver a multimedia thyssenkrupp Materials UK content suite.
This is a rewarding role and it directly contributes to achieving our business objectives; Employer of Choice, Achieving Excellence, Sustainability, Transformational Growth and One Team.
Initially a 12-month contract, with further possibilities for an exceptional candidate.
Your main duties will be:
Content Design and Management
- Create our thyssenkrupp Materials UK content suite that aligns with our learning and business objectives. Consisting of thyssenkrupp Materials UK-specific eLearning modules, infographics, animations and videos, and curated pathways using free online resources (e.g. animations, videos, articles).
- Tell compelling digital stories, being clear about what the “why” is for learners and how it connects to business objectives, priorities, culture & values.
- Use relevant digital learning creation tools to develop material most suited to the needs of the business.
- Support the administration of content delivery, identifying the most effective way to enhance user experience.
- Manage and maintain digital content libraries; regularly assess and create content to ensure that our learning solutions are up-to-date.
- Identify opportunities for content additions and innovations to continuously improve the learning experiences.
- Evaluate the impact of our learning experiences / content against company performance and strategy.
- Work closely with the People Development Business Partner to ensure all development updates are delivered effectively and in a timely manner.
- Cultivate collaborative relationships and be a trusted content development partner with our key stakeholders and subject matter experts (SMEs).
- Connect with the wider audience and build your personal brand and the “People team” brand, by using appropriate and engaging communications and instructions, e.g. with Learner engagement emails / nudges.
- Work closely with our internal and external communication personnel to ensure learning campaign messages are aligned.
- Work closely with service providers to maintain product and service levels and provide regular updates on our experiences and improvement requests.
- Continuous platform review considering: user experience, engagement levels, content, and assigned learning completion.
- Regular reporting and analysis on engagement levels with content and assigned learning.
Essential experience, skills and knowledge:
- Proven experience in designing and writing accessible and user-centred eLearning - we are open to being guided on a preferred authoring tool;
- Experience in storyboarding and video creating / editing;
- Excellent storytelling, copywriting, and video script writing skills with a strong understanding of using the right style, pace and tone for your audience;
- Experience working with different modalities of digital virtual-based learning, and confidence in choosing the best option(s) to achieve the learning objective;
- Experience building and managing a learning management systems (LMS / LXP);
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen to and influence others;
- Proven ability to understand and organise complex information quickly and clearly;
- Experience managing and delivering multiple projects at the same time, with changing priorities and using your own initiative;
- Detail-oriented self-starter with exceptional prioritisation and organisation skills;
- Comfortable asking for and using feedback on content from colleagues to get 360 perspectives, before launching content;
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
- Solid working knowledge of MS applications;
- Open to travel to UK sites for team and stakeholder meetings (Preston, Milton Keynes, and Dudley are our larger sites)
Desirable experience, skills and knowledge:
- 2+ year experience working in a digital development environment;
- CIPD or equivalent L&D training delivery qualification
- Proficient using Adobe Suite or equivalent;
- Experience working with psychometrics.
Your benefits from us
- Up to £33,000 per annum depending on experience
- Flexibility for hybrid working 2/3 days per week[NT2]
- 37 hours per week
- 25 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Company bonus scheme
- Advantageous pension scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee high street vouchers & discounts
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Occupational health & health surveillance
- Length of Service Awards
- Christmas savings scheme
- Eye care vouchers
- Wellbeing events
- Recognition Portal
- Rewards Portal
- Company events
- Car Salary Exchange Scheme
- Company share schemes
- Christmas Closedown
This is us – your new employer
With around 480 locations in over 40 countries, thyssenkrupp Materials Services is the biggest materials distributor and service provider in the western world. The broad service spectrum offered by the materials experts enables customers to focus on their individual core business. The area of Materials Services spans two strategic areas: global materials distribution as a one-stop-shop – from steel and stainless steel, tubes and pipes, nonferrous metals and specialty materials to plastics and raw materials – and tailored services in the areas of materials management and supply chain management. An extensive omnichannel architecture offers 250,000 customers worldwide cross-channel, round-the-clock access to more than 150,000 products and services. A highly efficient logistics system ensures that all requested services are smoothly integrated into customer production processes “just in time” or “just in sequence”.
We value diversity and therefore welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs, disability, age, or sexual orientation and identity.
Please note that we reserve the right to remove this advert prior to the advertised expiry date, dependent on the level of response received. You are therefore advised to apply at your earliest convenience. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to supply individual feedback at the CV review stage.
Closing Date: Sunday 26 March 2023