Have a knack for research and distilling both sides of complicated political issues?
Can you develop and execute content plans to generate hundreds of articles per month?
Could you help lead a diverse team of researchers and writers from recent grads to seasoned freelance veterans?
Want to make a difference helping educate voters in Washington state, Washington DC, and across the U.S.?
If the rock star content and people manager we just described sounds like you, we would love to have you join us as a Political Content Editor on a special client project related to digital voter registration, citizen education, and the launch of a new political-content based website.
At TOP Government, we’re a bi-partisan marketing agency in the political space that specializes in digital content, campaigns, and thought leadership for governmental organizations, advocacy groups, and specific candidates.
For this specific role, you’ll be embedded as part of our client — a Seattle and Washington DC-based non-profit that empowers citizens, voters, and elected officials with digital tools and grassroots initiatives both locally and nationally. The position is remote-friendly as you’ll be working with content contributors and creators from across the U.S.
Some important objectives for the new website include:
- Engage new voters - Bring new voters of every age, background, and ethnicity into the political process.
- Explain key issues - Help citizens and voters better understand both sides of each issue.
- Elevate our leaders - Provide local elected officials with better tools and training to become more effective.
- Inform the media - Provide key assets to mass media outlets to help amplify data-driven stories to the masses.
- Develop and execute quarterly content planning
- Coordinate a freelance and in-house team of article writers and editors
- Optimize written content to make it more SEO-friendly
- Enforce style guidelines and best practices for structured content
- Edit content to ensure that it fairly represents both sides of a political issue
- Mentor other team members and help conduct performance tracking and reviews
- Use new technology tools that help us scale our content work
- Revise existing content in response to breaking political news
- Incorporate original polling and survey data into individual articles and content
- Develop processes and workflows to improve the content creation process
Requirements (unless you convince us otherwise)
- 7+ years work experience at a digital media outlet, agency, or other content producer
- Deep experience with political issues and topics either as a part of a political campaign, governmental body, as a journalist, or at a political agency
- Excellent written skills, including both content writing and editing
- Strong verbal communication and team leadership skills
- Ability to deliver presentations at client and team meetings
- Highly energetic and enthusiastic, with a solid work ethic
- A natural inclination to stay connected on email, SMS, phone, and social media
- An amazing ability to stay organized and manage complex projects
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- A personal network of contacts with key political players across Washington state
- A personal network of community and media contacts across Washington state
- Experience with digital marketing strategies in the political space and otherwise
Interested? Apply for this role