Topcon Positioning Group is headquartered in Livermore, California, USA (topconpositioning.com). Topcon Positioning Group designs, manufactures and distributes precise positioning products and solutions for the global surveying, construction, agriculture, civil engineering, BIM, mapping and GIS, asset management and mobile control markets.
To learn more about Topcon career opportunities go to www.topconcareers.com.
- Lead documentation projects as assigned by the manager.
- Create documentation plans and schedules for documents and documentation sets.
- Create drawings and illustrations as needed for documents and documentation sets.
- Work with Engineering, Product Management, Professional Services and other key stakeholders to gather data for the creation or revision of documentation.
- Research and assimilate technical concepts of technologies, equipment and products into manuals, install guides, and other technical documentation ensuring usability and concise content.
- Explain scientific and technical ideas in simple language.
- Research, formalize, adhere to, and coach others on industry-standard writing styles and formatting protocols.
- Develop and maintain documentation hierarchy, content standards, formatting standards, and templates.
- Improve document usability through content structure, formatting and proofreading.
- Complete document creation or revision in a timely manner based on assigned prioritization and delivery commitments.
- Ensure document control integrity with document revision history content and proper approval workflow routing.
- Ensure documented processes and methodologies meet ISO 9001 requirements.
- Adhere to compliance standards, confidentiality, and information dissemination rules.
- B.A./B.S. in a Technical Discipline and English or Technical Communications OR a combination of technical certification (A.S) and equivalent work experience will be considered.
- 8+ years of experience architecting complex documents and documentation sets, information design and structured authoring.
- Technical writing experience in civil engineering OR automation for earthmoving equipment OR survey instruments (GPS receivers, etc.) HIGHLY PREFERRED.
- Proficient in unstructured FrameMaker content development.
- Must be proficient with FrameMaker.
- Membership and/or certification from the STC (Society of Technical Communications) is a plus
- Experience implementing and/or managing a Content Management System (CMS) is a plus.
- Ability to learn complex concepts quickly and explain them with clarity and technical accuracy.
- Ability to establish rapport and working relationships with a variety of personalities.
- Sound knowledge of technical writing fundamentals, industry-standard writing styles and content organization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite / Creative Cloud (e.g. FrameMaker, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro)
- Must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Work with translation vendors in managing translation development & procurement process.
- Experience with Product Lifecycle Management, Document Control and/or Business Process Management methodologies and software.
- Knowledge of technical terms related to GPS, GNSS, Machine Control, Auto Guidance and Precision Agriculture industries is desirable.
Interested? Apply for this role