As the Organic Content Editor, you'll get to further your experience and education in Search Engine Optimization (SEO) strategy and content marketing, and you'll have opportunities to identify and execute digital content marketing strategies that have measurable results for the business.
What You Will Do
- Content shaping and editing – You'll edit informational marketing materials, PR campaigns and other work as needed for grammar, spelling and SEO best practices. This will include collaborating with in-house writers as well as freelance and agency contractors. You’ll outline writer assignments in support of content goals, using competitive research and organic search tools to determine key aspects such as suggested headlines, article structure, titles, URLs, calls to action, related keywords and more.
- Content publishing – You'll format and publish articles used for organic search marketing and digital PR campaigns, using our content management system. This includes updating elementary HTML styling, images, charts, visuals, special on-page monetization elements and more, as necessary.
- Website marketing optimizations – You will work closely with the Organic Content Manager and the Digital Marketing Analyst to assist with high-leverage updates to our web pages to maintain accuracy and compliance, increase organic traffic and improve lead performance for websites that see thousands to hundreds of thousands of organic search users every month.
- Content marketing strategy and innovation – You’ll analyze competitor search results and help develop offensive/defensive tactics and new strategies to expand the organic search channel for TRANZACT.
- Marketing innovation and special initiatives – As we continue to aggressively grow the scale of our content efforts and resulting revenue, you’ll help execute new and special projects with the Organic Content Manager, CRM Marketing Manager, SEO Analyst and other team members to innovate and execute vital new content marketing strategies.
TRANZACT, a Willis Towers Watson company, is a leading direct-to-consumer marketing, sales and technology company capturing millions of searches for Medicare and life insurance products each year. We achieve a competitive advantage through data analytics and end-to-end management of the entire customer journey. While we have the tools and resources enabling enterprise-level SEO, we believe people are our most valuable asset.
We want people who fit our BE REAL culture: Be Authentic, Be Passionate, Be Direct, Be Responsible, Be Trustworthy, Be Unstoppable, Be Fun. We’re a diverse team of programmers and writers and designers and data scientists and strategists and more. We’re made up of introverts and extroverts, corporate types and anti-corporate types. We’re an environment where every person feels their full potential is only limited by their ability to conceive of it and make it happen.
What We Are Looking For
- Experience publishing online digital content using a content management software system such as Umbraco, WordPress or other systems
- Experience with Associated Press (AP) style guide
- Outstanding written communication skills
- Ability to multitask with multiple deadlines, manage time effectively, establish priorities and communicate expectations to project managers and stakeholders
- Ability to work with others in a highly collaborative environment
- Proven track record of achieving SEO results as a writer, editor and/or publisher
- Unstoppable and tenacious. Highly self-motivated, obsesses over performance and constantly looking for ways to improve. Tactical mindset.
- Innovative and curious: Enjoy exploring new tools and tests and building new websites or exploring new areas
- Performance-minded: Focus more on results than SEO dogma and look for efficiencies or ways to scale
- Relentless attention to detail and organization, along with a strong ability to follow through on projects
- Experience working with Google Docs and Sheets, Microsoft Word
Robust health & wellbeing package
- Medical insurance with a choice of plan and carriers
- Prescription drug coverage
- Dental and vision coverage
- HSA and FSA options
- Emotional wellbeing program
- Wellbeing dollars
- Health advocacy program
- Medical review services
- Company-paid disability policies
- Free membership to an on-site gym in our Raleigh location
- Generous paid time off + paid holidays
- Additional paid time off for bereavement, family and medical leave, jury duty, and military leave
- Parental and adoption leave
- Virtual guided meditations
- Virtual chair yoga sessions
Financial & retirement benefits
- 401(k) savings plan + match
- Generous annual bonus and base salary assessment
- Company-paid life insurance
- Commuter account benefit
- Adoption assistance program
Learning and development opportunities
- Conference and training reimbursement
- Employee development programs
- Regular Lunch & Learns on a wide range of topics
- Yearly team-building events
- Community service projects
- All-you-can-eat snacks and a fully stocked fridge. Cerise Limón La Croix, anyone?
- Frequent office events, happy hours and outings (Virtual for the time being)
- Office contests + fun prizes! Someone recently won a 5-day trip to any U.S. vacation resort of their choosing
- An annual holiday party that you’ll still be talking about a year later (seriously)
- Frequent company lunches catered by local restaurants
- Massage chairs (Raleigh), Giant Jenga (Fort Lee), fantasy football leagues, and more
- Super cool swag (that you’ll actually want to wear)
TRANZACT, a WTW Company, is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Disability / Vet
Interested? Apply for this role