We are committed to building a diverse team. So if you're from a background that's underrepresented in tech, we'd love to meet you.
Our Product Design team is looking for an experienced UX Writer to join our highly collaborative team of designers, researchers, product managers, and marketers who are committed to crafting a customer-focused experience that advances our company's mission to put the world's 1.5 billion cars to better use. This is an exciting opportunity to shape the future of shared transportation, foster economic empowerment for our hosts, and positively impact the trip experience for our community of guests.
As the first full-time UX Writer on the Product Design team, you should exhibit a high level of craft and be resourceful, flexible, and proactive in your approach to improving our product experience. You also understand how to systematically approach initiatives to scale the impact of effective product writing. In addition, you will own your priorities with guidance. We expect you to use the wealth of customer feedback, research insights, and other data at your disposal to craft strategic initiatives that will have a measurable impact and continually raise the bar for our end-to-end product experience, solving complex problems in simple, elegant ways.
What you'll do
- Craft clear and concise content across multiple product touchpoints and surfaces
- Guide content strategy throughout the product development process
- Influence strategic decisions across and within products to improve the overall experience and ensure consistency across platforms
- Facilitate smooth cross-functional collaboration by implementing an effective process for collecting and prioritizing requests for content
- Help scale an excellent user experience by collaborating with our Design Systems team to embed content recommendations at the systems level
- Curb inconsistencies in our in-product verbiage and contribute to our style guide, product lexicon and content design documentation
- Work cross-functionally to implement your content and projects
We’re looking for someone who
- Is a passionate advocate for our customers, dedicated to the craft of writing elegant, minimal product copy that is approachable, intuitive, future-proof, and scalable
- Is skilled with each part of the writing process – from brainstorming and researching to shipping products and iterating
- Is self-driven with the ability to prioritize and manage projects strategically
- Has experience writing for mobile-focused consumer products
- Has professional experience in line with a senior role
- Can share product writing samples with stories of how your content and content strategy made an impact
- Demonstrates good judgment
- Demonstrates humility; focused on shipping what's best for our customers, even if it's not your words.
- Bonus for candidates who are bilingual and/or have experience writing for translation
Why you'll love being a part of our team
- We're pioneering, challenging the status quo, and always striving to try new things without fear of failure.
- We're efficient, letting data drive our decisions and prioritizing our work based on impact.
- We're supportive, always striving to connect, collaborate, and lift each other up.
- We're down-to-earth, leading confidently without arrogance and maintaining humility in our work, culture, and product.
- We are a high-growth company with strong financial performance and plentiful opportunities for career growth.
- We've embraced a hybrid work model bringing together the benefits of in-person collaboration while still having frequent work-from-home opportunities.
- Competitive salary, equity, benefits, and perks for all full-time employees
- Employer-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k match (U.S) / RRSP (Canada)
- $2,000 Learning & Development stipend to invest in your professional development
- Cell phone, internet and Fringe benefit stipend
- Flexible paid time off to relax and recharge
- Paid holidays, volunteer time off, and parental leave
- $1,000 USD Turo host matching and $1,500 USD vehicle reimbursement program
- $100 USD Monthly Turo travel credit
- For those who are in the office full-time or hybrid, we have weekly in-office lunch, office snacks, and fun activities
- Annual Turbo Week (week-long, company-wide conference)
Turo is the world’s largest car-sharing marketplace where you can book any car you want, wherever you want it, from a vibrant community of trusted hosts across the US, Canada, France and the UK. Guests choose from a totally unique selection of nearby cars, while hosts earn extra money to offset the costs of car ownership. A pioneer of the sharing economy and the travel industry, Turo is a safe, supportive community where the car you book is part of a story, not a fleet.
Discover Turo at https://turo.com, the App Store, and Google Play, and check out our blog, Field Notes.
Turo has raised $500M to date from top-tier investors, including IAC, Daimler AG, Kleiner Perkins, GV, Canaan Partners, August Capital, and Shasta Ventures.
Turo cultivates a team of smart, critical thinkers who care about their work and their colleagues. We are always on the lookout for supportive, down-to-earth, pioneering, and efficient people to grow our team's talent and enrich our culture.
Read more about the Turo culture according to Turo CEO, Andre Haddad.
We're an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. When in doubt, please apply!