What You’ll Do
The Sr. Thought Leadership Content Marketing Manager will work closely with different members of the Developer Platform Marketing, Product, Developer Relations, and Business Development teams.
- Build key narratives for the Developer Platform.
- Own and execute the Developer Platform thought leadership strategy by deciding which stories we want to tell to achieve our key results then bringing those stories to fruition.
- Identify key audience segments and create influencing content for each one.
- Identify, pursue, and manage executive speaking engagements, presence at industry events, and other tactics to raise the Developer Platform profile in the industry.
- Own and maintain the Developer Platform blog by maintaining the editorial calendar, writing content, reporting on results, and turning results data into actionable plans.
- Adapt product information to the nuances of audiences on a global & regional, vertical & horizontal scale.
- Content project management: Making sure content goes through the right workflow and approval processes while maintaining a deadline.
- Proofing content to make sure it adheres to our style guidelines.
- Working with internal resources, and with a design partner to visually elevate the content.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams within Twitter to understand business priorities and help define the broader Developer Platform content strategy.
- 6-8+ years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Experience communicating complex, large-scale concepts clearly and simply
- Demonstrated track record of executing performance-related content with measurable results
- A combination of creative and analytical skills and a commitment to quality, accuracy, and consistency, including adherence to brand standards
- Strong writer and editor
- Deep understanding the developer community a plus
- Savvy and strategic social media user as well as an understanding of the role of SEO in content
- Exceptional project management skills with an ability to work across multiple groups and on tight deadlines
- Experience with content management systems (familiarity with Adobe Experience Manager a plus), as well as with content marketing tools and platforms
- Must be willing and excited to grow and change with the role as well as a can-do attitude and a willingness to roll up your sleeves
A few other things we value:
- Creativity - As problem solvers and trendsetters, we see growth and opportunity in every situation and failure.
- Diversity - Diversity makes us a better organization and team. We value diverse backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
- Collaboration - We work together to achieve common goals, recognizing one another’s strengths. We listen, share feedback, and evolve together.
- Work, Life, Balance - We work hard, but we believe with hard work should come balance.
Twitter is what’s happening and what people are talking about right now. For us, life's not about a job, it's about purpose. We believe real change starts with conversation. Here, your voice matters. Come as you are and together we'll do what's right (not what's easy) to serve the public conversation.
The Twitter Developer Platform team exists to inspire and enable developer innovations that serve the public conversation and the Developer Marketing supports this mission through actions that drive adoption, trust, and success with our platform.
The team is looking for a Sr. Thought Leadership Content Marketing Manager to support Twitter’s growing developer platform. This role will work on writing, editing, and developing key narratives and other content to inspire developers to build on Twitter’s API. You should have strong communication skills, a keen attention to detail, and be a self-starter. You should have a strong understanding of performance marketing, and a desire to always grow. This role will evolve and change. Must be willing to grow and adapt with the role, including bringing new ideas to the team to help share our message.
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.