At U.S. Bank, we're passionate about helping customers and the communities where we live and work. The fifth-largest bank in the United States, we’re one of the country's most respected, innovative and successful financial institutions. U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.
U.S. Bank is expanding the User Experience Design (UXDesign) team in support of our business transformation to a human-centric experience. This is no “business as usual” group. To succeed, we need people who have high energy and aren’t afraid to dive in. We have multiple opportunities open at various levels based on experience as a UXDesign Content Strategist or UXDesign Senior Content Strategist. This is a great opportunity to bring brilliant digital experiences to our customers in helping to ensure U.S. Bank is central to our customers wherever they go.
The Content Specialist/Strategist works with Experience Strategy leads and UX team members to identify and meet the content demands of various projects.
- Writes, edits and implements content based on the U.S. Bank content strategy, including voice and tone, and customer-/business-centric site goal.
- Reviews content with peers and senior content strategists to ensure they accurately represent the U.S. Bank content strategies.
- Formally observes user interviews and usability sessions.
- Analyzes and understands end-to-end customer experiences to ensure that all content is consistent in voice/tone/construction and technically correct.
- Assists in gathering requirements and assessing the content needs of a given project. Updates content logs, copies documents, CMS and other documentation systems.
- Provides strategic content recommendations and writing/editing support for UX teams, product managers, business lines, and other content stakeholders.
- Drives, advocates and embodies a customer-centric perspective within and outside the UX Design organization, resulting in consistently simple and innovatively enriching experiences for our customers. Applies and updates existing content strategies to accommodate new products and campaigns. Validates that content is correctly and accurately implemented across all platforms.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualities:
Collaboration skills; a complete team player
- Partnering and accepting feedback and critique from both peer writers as well as the input from Product Managers, Legal and Compliance experts, UXDesign Directors and Accessibility Consultants.
- Proven ability to work with designers who are putting their words into their mockups, and designing together, the visuals plus content, into a cohesive experience
- Understand and respond to the give & take which is required of that kind of collaborative writing & design
A strong understanding of requirements and accuracy of execution
- Proven success in taking requirements and turning them into work product
Being organized and self-directed
Able to work independently; but also within our existing patterns, style guides, our brand voice, etc.
Being strategy minded; always thinking of the bigger picture
- Many of our design teams are collaborating on the same kind of user experiences that this candidate will be writing for but across many different product verticals. These teams will need to refer to one another's writing to achieve consistency between all of the types of these experiences being built for all US Bank product lines.
- Candidates should be able to discuss their experience with content writing systems like this.
Examples of Projects include
- Dealer Services Team: creating a world-class application experience for vehicle loans
- Business Banking Team: creating a consistent experience for various products built for small business customers.
- Interface & Reusability Platform Team: creating and centralizing and create one consistent experience across all business lines
- Sales and Onboarding Platform Team: creating a consistent experience to focus on acquiring and onboarding new customers throughout all business lines
Leveling of the position will depend on qualifications. Please read below for the Basic and Preferred Qualifications of each level.
UXDesign Content Strategist
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis on UX, design research, psychology, social science or another relevant field preferred, or equivalent experience
- Three to five years of UX design research experience
- Familiar with a variety of research methodologies, when to apply them, and when to make tradeoffs
- Ability to deliver impactful and clear UX design research in a way that drives and directs better product/project outcomes
- Effective presentation, verbal and written communication skills, and ability to facilitate collaborative sessions
- Familiar with agile project management and how UX research functions within it
- Demonstrated analytical, decision-making and problem-solving skills
UXDesign Senior Content Strategist
- Bachelor's degree, with an emphasis on English, Writing, Technical Writing, Journalism, Content Strategy, or Library Science preferred, or equivalent experience
- Seven or more years of related work experience
- Expert understanding of the principles of content strategy and information architecture as well as deep experience with user-centered design (from concept to delivery)
- Significant experience writing a variety of digital content for instructional, transactional and marketing experiences – including navigation labels, form fields labels and messaging, error messages, contextual help messages, alert messages and FAQs
- Deep experience with data collection and quantitative analysis
- Strong skills in managing ambiguity, working autonomously and multitasking in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet ambitious deadlines and deliver high-quality work on schedule, including quickly
If there’s anything we can do to accommodate a disability during any portion of the application or hiring process, please refer to our disability accommodations for applicants.
Take care of yourself and your family with U.S. Bank employee benefits. We know that healthy employees are happy employees, and we believe that work/life balance should be easy to achieve. That's why we share the cost of benefits and offer a variety of programs, resources and support you need to bring your full self to work and stay present and committed to the people who matter most - your family.
Learn all about U.S. Bank employee benefits, including tuition reimbursement, retirement plans and more, by visiting careers.usbank.com.
EEO is the Law
Applicants can learn more about the company’s status as an equal opportunity employer by viewing the federal EEO is the Law poster.
U.S. Bank participates in the U.S. Department of Homeland Security E-Verify program in all facilities located in the United States and certain U.S. territories. The E-Verify program is an Internet-based employment eligibility verification system operated by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services. Learn more about the E-Verify program.
Due to legal requirements, U.S. Bank requires that the successful candidate hired for some positions be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, absent being granted an accommodation due to a medical condition, pregnancy, or sincerely held religious belief or other legally required exemption. For these positions, as part of the conditional offer of employment, the successful candidate will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or approval for accommodation or exemption upon hire. U.S. Bank will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.