The University of Wisconsin Extended Campus is seeking a Marketing Content Strategist who will be responsible for planning and developing compelling, benefit-driven content for a variety of marketing and communications projects, including but not limited to: web pages, blog posts, video, SEO and social media. This position is responsible for creating and distributing content for all stages of the student selection decision from awareness, to consideration, and to selection. Web content may include student stories, blog posts, and web pages that will inform, influence, and drive users to take desired actions. This position reports to the Marketing Director. Remote or hybrid options may be available.
- Collaborate with Marketing Director and other team members to identify and define content marketing strategy, tactics, and evaluation.
- Research, conceptualize, write, edit, and proofread copy for content marketing pieces and incorporate it into the overall strategic marketing plans.
- Contribute ideas for improving the content strategy and evaluation to ensure alignment with marketing goals.
- Evaluate data in Google Analytics to measure the impact of content marketing efforts, such a site conversions and the quality of site traffic to ensure successful online marketing content.
- Brainstorm and pitch story ideas for keyword-driven content-marketing blogs with the goal of engaging prospects, increasing Web traffic, and driving conversions.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop integrated marketing plans.
- Interview students, faculty and other subject-matter experts to gather information and assist in the development of content for websites, blogs, social media, and other communication channels.
- Collaborate with Media staff to develop creative concepts and executions that communicate the vision and benefits of programs.
- Contribute to the department’s research, understanding, and application of best practices in writing for all media, particularly Web pages, landing pages, and content-marketing blogs.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously from concept stage and kick-off meeting through proof review, ensuring completion within deadlines.
- Help set production schedules for assigned work; coordinate feedback rounds and obtain approvals from key stakeholders.
- Contribute to the improvement and implementation of department and organization content processes.
- Monitor and stay ahead of industry standards and trends; contribute to the ongoing development of marketing department expertise.
- Analyze metrics, research industry best practices, competitive analysis, user feedback and evaluate existing content to make strategic recommendations on adding new content or updating website content.
- Assist with writing print and digital ads, brochure copy, along with other marketing materials based on team workload.
Interested? Apply for this role