Univision is seeking a talented and resourceful content strategist, who is as passionate about social media as they are about community and being a voice for Latinos in the U.S.
This position is an integral part of a service-oriented marketing team devoted to elevating the Univision brand both internally and externally by:
- Securing Univision’s place as a leading U.S. media company and THE Hispanic experts
- Driving engagement and growth of the company’s future core audience (bilingual and bicultural Latinos)
- Being strategic and creative thinkers, self-starters, and collaborators willing to learn and share ideas
The Content Strategist will lead the growth and success of the Se Habla USA brand. Se Habla USA (SHUSA) is Univision’s only 100% bilingual and bicultural platform dedicated to young Latinos. The brand has become synonymous with celebrating cultural nostalgia, diversity, and unity. Main skills used in this position will be social media expertise (including content + community strategy), English/Spanish/Spanglish writing, project management, external vendor and internal partner relationship management. Leading overall marketing strategies to reach the niche bilingual/bicultural audience will also be key.
This role will support SHUSA by:
- Being the lead client contact for all agency & external partners
- Leading organic social growth for @sehablausa, focusing on driving audience and engagement growth, as well as the brand’s expansion to new platforms
- Reviewing and approving agency strategy recommendations, plans, and social content, as well as providing strategic and productive feedback
- Harnessing and protecting the brand’s unique voice across all channels, in English, Spanish, and Spanglish
- Ensuring SHUSA is driving relevant and timely social conversations; must be tuned in to trending social chatter and able to pivot accordingly
- Identifying relevant internal + external partners to collaborate with to create wider awareness of Univision’s bilingual/bicultural platform
- Strategically cross-pollinating content with other Univision properties/channels to amplify initiatives/programming across the ecosystem
- Collaborating with internal production teams to develop Se Habla USA content for linear (TV) platforms
- Ideating and executing support plans for Univision 360 marketing campaigns on behalf of SHUSA
- Brainstorming + executing monetizing opportunities with internal Sales teams
- Creating plans and recaps for management presentations
This role will work with the Corporate Marketing Sr. Director to:
- Support internal DEI priorities by providing strategic recommendations on how to effectively communicate with the Latino bilingual/bicultural audience (Millennials + Gen-Z)
- Manage award submissions for all Se Habla USA branding/marketing work
Required Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 7 years of social media, digital, branding, and marketing experience
- Social media superfan and insatiable student of the industry
- Expertise on content strategy and production. Ideal candidate in an expert in social/digital content strategy + production, with a basic understanding of TV content production
- Deep understanding of the issues, trending topics, media players and who’s who that motivate young Latinos today. Need to know current Latino pop and underground culture, as well as have a strong base of Latino entertainment and history in the U.S.
- Passionate about promoting and celebrating diversity, especially within the Latino community
- Exceptional skill and great passion for writing (English and Spanish). Will be tested.
- Excellent communication skills and advanced critical thinking, including the ability to make a valuable contribution to a group discussion, to negotiate with internal and external partners, to present in front of large audiences, and to approach projects proactively
- Strong ability to collaborate and build internal networks to pool resources needed to execute 360 projects
- Team-first mentality
- Project management ninja with an undisputed commitment to follow through; must be comfortable with working independently and making decisions
- A sense of urgency and ability to prioritize and de-prioritize projects as needed
- Proficient skills in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Above average knowledge of Sprout Social, Canva
- Employment/education will be verified
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis
Univision is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested? Apply for this role