This position description is subject to change at any time as needed to meet the requirements of the program or company.
This position will support a federal civilian customer in the Washington, DC Metro Area. This role is dependent upon the award of contract and funding.
As part of a group of creative thinkers and communicators, our ideal candidate thrives in a highly visible, fast-paced, time-sensitive environment and solves problems. Successful candidate is creative, fast on their feet, and self-driven. Candidates must also have an active SECRET security clearance and previous experience working in the federal space.
Major Job Activities:
- Research, write, design, edit, and proofread stakeholder materials and records management in a highly visible, fast-paced, time-sensitive, IT-driven environment
- Develop articles, newsletters, correspondence, press releases, briefings, letters, reports, white papers, meeting minutes, design documents, requirement documents, forms, surveys, release notes, memos, SMS text messages, brochures, talking points, testimonies, speeches, flyers, posters, invitations, product catalogs, notices, instructions, communications campaign plans, media relations content, case studies, executive bios, speaking proposals, guidance documents, fact sheets, SharePoint content, web content, social media content and other communication deliverables
- Write/Update Communications Plans annually, including strategy, goals, objectives, audience, talking points, and detailed tactics
- Synthesize research into clear, understandable content that resonates with the specific target audience expressing highly technical, complex, and simple concepts, ideas, processes or procedures
- Utilize plain language and clear communication to create documents translating both complex and simple concepts producing high-quality and visually appealing communication
- Capture and process photographic images for communication deliverables and Ad Hoc projects
- Support social media such as Daily Blogs, Twitter Tweets, Facebook Posts, LinkedIn Posts, internal and external feeds, event communications, etc.
- Advanced understanding of Section 508 Compliance Guidance, DHS Communications Media Policy, the Associate Press Style Guide and Federal Government Standards for branding, styling, and layout
- Advanced use of Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel
Education / Certifications:
- BS/BA Degree
- While this requires a SECRET clearance, TOP SECRET eligibility is ideal
- U.S. citizenship is required.
Experience / Skills:
- 6 years of IT technical writing specialty experience
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace that values and supports the contributions of each individual. This commitment along with our common Vision and Values of Integrity, Respect, and Responsibility, allows us to leverage differences, encourage innovation and expand our success in the global marketplace. Vectrus is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Interested? Apply for this role